I need help with this test plz thank you very munch?
1. One problem when using rigid metal conduit in a residence is that the installation of the conduit may
A. weaken the structure.
B. require an equipment ground.
C. be a fire hazard.
D. be an electrical hazard.
2. The internal area of 2-inch IMC is
A. the same as the internal area of 2-inch EMT.
B. less than the internal area of 2-inch EMT.
C. less than the internal area of 2-inch rigid metal conduit.
D. greater than the internal area of 2-inch rigid metal conduit.
3. One governing factor when determining the minimum size of conduit to be used is the
A. length of the conduit.
B. presence of water.
D. conductor fill.
4. A 10-inch beam is in the path of a conduit run from a junction box which is located 38 inches from the beam. The beam is to be bypassed by a 30-degree offset with the second offset bend occuring at the corner of the beam. At what distances from the outlet box will the two bends be marked on a length of 1-inch EMT?
A. 18 inches and 38 inches
B. 20 1/2 inches and 40 1/2 inches
C. 38 inches and 40 1/2 inches
D. 8 inches and 48 inches
5. If you have a motor that must remain adaptable to several sizes of belts, what is the maximum length of flexible metal conduit you can use before the conduit requires fastening?
A. 10 feet
B. 4 1/2 feet
C. 3 feet
D. 1 foot
6. What is the take-up amount for a stub-up bend using 1-inch IMC?
A. 5 and 5/8 inches
B. 16 and 5/8 inches
C. 11 inches
D. 8 inches
7. Which of the following combinations of bends can be used in a conduit run?
A. One 90-degree, six 45-degree and one 30-degree
B. One 90-degree, three 45-degree, and four 30-degree
C. Two 90-degree, four 45-degree, and one 30-degree
D. Two 90-degree, two 45-degree, and four 30-degree
8. Which of the following bending angles would you probably make if the handle of your bender ends up in a vertical position?
A. 180 degrees
B. 90 degrees
C. 60 degrees
D. 30 degrees
9. Another name for thinwall conduit is
10. Bends are made in PVC conduit using a tool known as a
A. mechanical bender.
B. heater box.
C. hydraulic bender.
D. hand bender.
11. Electrical metallic tubing would be used in an electrical installation because it
A. can be used in corrosive soil.
B. can be threaded for tighter connections.
C. is less expensive than rigid metal conduit.
D. has a thicker wall than intermediate metal conduit.
12. A hand-operated conduit bender with a shoe for bending 1-inch EMT can also be used to bend
A. 1-inch IMC.
B. 1-inch rigid conduit.
C. 3/4 inch IMC.
D. 1/2 inch EMT.
13. When installing EMT conduit that will be exposed to wet conditions, _______ fittings should be used.
14. When installing conduit for a mast service, what type of conduit should you use?
15. Using 1/2-inch EMT and a hand bender, you want to make a bend with a 14-inch stub-up. How far from the end of the conduit should you put the mark that will line up with the bender arrow?
A. 9 inches
B. 14 inches
C. 16 5/8 inches
D. 19 inches
16. The largest conduit trade size in which a short nipple of 21/2 inches length is available is
A. 3 inches.
B. 2 1/2 inches.
C. 2 inches.
D. = inch.
17. The maximum length between supports for a straight horizontal 11/2-inch threaded rigid-metal conduit run is
A. 20 feet.
B. 14 feet.
C. 10 feet.
D. 3 feet.
18. A _______ bend is necessary when attaching a piece of conduit between outlet boxes on facing walls.
19. If the middle bend of a three-bend saddle is a 30-degree bend, the two outside bends will each have angles of
A. 60 degrees.
B. 45 degrees.
C. 30 degrees.
D. 15 degrees.
20. You need to add a piece of 3/4-inch rigid conduit between a section of conduit that ends at a distance of 5 feet from a wall and an outlet box that's located 4 feet up the wall. If you're going to thread the new piece before bending it, the length of conduit required will be
A. 8 feet 4 inches.
B. 8 feet 8 inches.
C. 9 feet 0 inches.
D. 9 feet 4 inches.
21. What is the cross-sectional area of a wire if its outside diameter is 0.0625 inch?
A. 0.0002 inch2
B. 0.0491 inch2
C. 0.0031 inch2
D. 0.7850 inch2
22. In order to make a back-to-back bend with a hand bender, the first bend is made using the arrow mark. The second bend is made using the
A. star mark.
B. end of the bender shoe.
C. arrow mark.
D. notch in the shoe.
23. When making an offset in conduit, if the spacing between marks is double the offset depth, you know that the offset angle is
A. 90 degrees.
B. 22 1/2 degrees.
C. 45 degrees.
D. 30 degrees.
24. A(n) _______ must be attached to the top end of a conduit riser, where conduit is used in a service installation.
A. service entrance head
B. entrance ell
25. A bend used to clear an obstruction and return to the original line of run is called a(n)