- 14 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
- 4 AnswersYahoo Answers6 years ago
- 2 AnswersUser Profiles6 years ago
- 16 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
I.e. 2 Timothy 4:9, Paul told Timothy to be diligent to come to him quickly. We can not follow that one...
A difficult one is found in 1 Corinthians 11. Was the command for women to have their heads covered a cultural command (for that time and place) or a command for all believers from that point on?15 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
When the Bible says we will be accountable for all of our actions, does that include sins that we've already?
been forgiven for?
The New Testament tells us at least twenty-five times that the distribution of rewards in heaven will be done according to our relative degree of obedience or the works that we perform. We are told frequently by Jesus that on the last day all things will be brought into the light. Those things we have done in secret will be made manifest; every idle word will come into the judgment
Jehovah Witness: Are now suggesting each of the days of creation were variable - more than 7,000 years.?
Also, is the seventh day of rest still 7,000 years long?
Watchtower 15 February 1970: “it is therefore reasonable to conclude that each of the other six “days” also was a period of 7,000 years. This length of time would be ample for all that the Bible tells us took place on each of the six days of creation”.
March 2014 Awake magazine: "In the Bible account, each of the six creative days could have lasted for thousands of years… God had already created the universe, including a lifeless planet Earth, by the time the first creative day began… Evidently the six creative days were long periods during which Jehovah God prepared the earth for human habitation… The Bible account of creation does not conflict with scientific conclusions about the age of the universe… According to the Bible, Jehovah God created all the basic kinds of plant and animal life, as well as a perfect man and woman who were capable of self-awareness, love, wisdom, and justice… The kinds of animals and plants created by God have obviously undergone changes and have produced variations within the kinds. In many cases, the resulting life-forms are remarkably different from one another… The Bible account of creation does not conflict with the scientific observation that variations occur within a kind… "14 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
started up between May-July this year?
Are most of them multiple accounts or asking-machines?
The questions have a certain style and are repeated quite often. Something really curious about this.7 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
- 10 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
BQ What is forgiveness?12 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
1. Herod is not a name, it is a title like Caesar or Pharaho.
2. Herod the tetrarch, now that's just a mathematical word that means «a ruler over a fourth of something.» Herod was the ruler over a fourth of something. This man's real name was Herod Antipas
3. Herod the tetrarch (Antipas), was the one being reproved by John the Baptist for Herodias.
4. Herodias was his brother Philip's wife
5. Herod Antipas was Herodias uncle.
6. Herodias was the granddaughter of Herod the Great by another mother.
7. Herodias father was Aristobulus and son of Herod the Great.
8. When Herodias married Philip she was marrying her own father`s brother.
9. What precipitated the arrest of John the Baptist was that Herod Antipas (another of Herodias’ uncles) talked Herodias into leaving her husband (his brother) in order to marry him (Mk 6:17)—thus compounding the incest, as well as violating Lv 18:16.2 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
Daniel 1:5 The king appointed for them a daily ration from the king’s choice food and from the wine which he drank, and appointed that they should be educated three years, at the end of which they were to enter the king’s personal service. 6 Now among them from the sons of Judah were Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 7 Then the commander of the officials assigned new names to them; and to Daniel he assigned the name Belteshazzar, to Hananiah Shadrach, to Mishael Meshach and to Azariah Abed-nego.
BQ: Can it be more then an evil demon possessed person, as in evil set in system?16 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago
"The Puritans were English Reformers of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. They were frustrated by the slow progress of the Reformation in the Anglican Church. They left a legacy of theological writing that is unsurpassed in church history. Their doctrine tended to be Calvinistic and Presbyterian, and their finest writings were both polemic and devotional treatments of theology."
They exteded the "Sola Scriptura" from the Reformers (Martin Luther).
Sola Scriptura, Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria
1 Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")
2 Sola fide ("by faith alone")
3 Sola gratia ("by grace alone")
4 Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")
5 Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")
Mark here that the Greek word "seismos", from which we get the English word seismology, alone only means "shaking". Not necessarily an earthquake.
BQ: What would make man ask the mountains to hide them?5 AnswersReligion & Spirituality6 years ago