According to Newton’s second law of motion, the relationship between an object's mass (m), its acceleration (a), and the applied force (F) is F = ma. How does this law apply to the sport of bowling?
A.When the pins are correctly aligned, their mass and acceleration will keep the ball from going into the gutter.
B. When the bowling ball is rolling down the lane, the mass of the ball on the floor makes the pins become unstable, allowing the acceleration of the ball to knock down the pins.
C.When the bowling ball is rolled with a force, this accelerates the ball. That acceleration, when combined with the mass of the ball, produces a force that knocks down the pins
D. When the bowling ball hits the pins, the ball has a mass, so it will exert acceleration on the pins and knock them down.1 AnswerPhysics18 hours ago
The gas-phase decomposition of NOBr is second order in [NOBr], with k = 0.810 M^-1.s^-1 at 10oC. We start with 4.00 x 10-3 M NOBr in a flask at 10oC. How many seconds does it take to
use up 1.50 x 10-3 M of this NOBr? Given the formula for second order reaction as
1/[A]t = kt + 1/[A]o
1/(2.50 x 10-3 M) = (0.810 M-1 .s-1 )t + 1/(4.00 x 10-3 M)
t =185.19 seconds
Where did they get 2.5 x 10^-3 from
1. When the following reaction is balanced in acidic solution what is the coefficient of I2?
IO3(-) +I (-) ----------> I2
2. How many electrons are transferred in the following reaction when it is balanced in acidic solution? No3(-) +I (-)-----> IO3 (-)+ NO2
3. Which of the following is the strongest oxidizing agent:
Cl2 +2e(-) ----->2 Cl(-) e=1.36 V
Mg(2+)+ 2e(-)------> Mg e=-2.37 V
2H(+) + 2 e(-)-----> H2 e=0.00 V
4. The standard emf of the cell involving Mg/Mg (2+) (anode) and Cu/Cu(2+) (cathode) half-cell reactions is
Mg (2+) (aq) +2e(-) ----------> Mg(s) -2.37
Cu (2+) (aq) +2e(-) ---------->Cu (s) +0.34
I have the answers I need to know how to solveChemistry3 months ago
1. Consider the following electrode potentials:
Mg (2+) +2e(-) -----> Mg e= -2.37 V
V(2+) +2e(-) -----> V e=-1.19V
Cu(2+)+ e(-) -----> Cu (+) e=0.16 V
Which one of the reactions below will proceed spontaneously from left to right?
A) Mg(2+) +V---> V(2+) +Mg
B) Mg (2+) + 2Cu-------> 2Cu(2+)+Mg
c) V(2+) +2Cu(+)----> V+ 2Cu(2+)
D) V+2Cu(2+)-----> V(2+) +2 Cu(+)
2. Oxidation is responsible for turning alcohol into vinegar
C2H5OH (I) +O2(g)----> HC2H32 (I) + H2O (I)
ΔS (J/K.mol) 161. 205.0 159.8 69.9
ΔG (KJ/mol) -174.18 0 -38945 -237.2
A. WHat is the ΔS for the reaction in J/K
B. What is the ΔG for this reaction in KJ?
Please help me the way to solve them.Chemistry3 months ago
Molarity, abbreviated M, is defined as the concentration of a solution expressed as oles of solute per liter of solution. How many mililiters of 4.00 M H2O ae required to react with 1.6 g of CuO according to Pb(NO3)2 (aq) + 2 KI (aq)--------> pbl2 (s) + 2 KNO3 (aq)
consider the precipitation reaction between lead(II) nitrate solution and potassium oidide solution:
pb (NO3) (aq) + 2 KI (aq)------> pbl2 (s)+ 2 KNO3 (aq)
suppose 20.0g of lead(II) nitrate and 20.0 of potassium iodide were dissolved separate to form 250 cm3 of lead(II) nitrate solution and 250 cm3 of potassium iodide solution. (a) what is the limiting reactant? (b) determine the mass of lead(II) iodide(PbI2) that can be obtained from this reaction.
1. The PH of 1.00L of the buffer containing 1.00 M CH3COONa and 1.00 M CH3COOH after the addition of 0.080 mole NaOh is?
2. The PH of a solution containing 020 M NH3 and 0.30 M NH4Cl is?Please help me understand the way of solving as I already have the answers for the questions. My test is tomorrow morning?
1. The molar solubility of silver phosphate, Ag3PO4, is 1.6 x 10^-5M. What is its solubility product (ksp)?
2. The molar solubility for CaCAf2 in water at 25 C is 2.1 x 10^4 M what is Ksp?3. The molar solubility of BaSo4 (Ksp=1.1 x 10^-10) in a solution containing 2.0 M SO4^-2 ion is??4. The molar solubiliy of Fe(OH)2 (Ksp=1.6 x 10^-14) at PH 8.00 is??I have my test tomorrow and I am trying to understand the test review. I have the solutions, I need the way to solveThank you in advance?2 AnswersChemistry3 months ago
1. The kb of dimethylamine CH3NH2 at 25C is 4.0 x 10^-4. What is ka of its conjugate acid?
2. A solution of acetic has a PH of 3.45. what is the concentration of acetic acid is this solution? Ka for CH3COOH is 1.8 x10^-5
Please help me understand the way to solve them. I have the answer. Thank you
With nearly two-thirds of US adults being overweight or obese, colleges and universities are beginning to push health initiatives and programs within their campuses, educating and encouraging students to live a healthy lifestyle. Read the following article about how two different schools are incorporating health education into their curriculum and discuss your thought on their methods. Would be willing to undergo a freshman fitness assessment upon entering college? Do you think it is ok to require people of certain BMIs to enroll in health classes? Is your opinion different because you are studying health/fitness and possibly considering a career in the industry? How do you think these initiatives will affect students’ views on health and fitness?1 AnswerWords & Wordplay8 years ago
Data compiled by the Highway
Patrol Department regarding the use of seat belts by
drivers in a certain are a after the passage of acompulsory
seat-belt law are shown in the accompanying table:
Drivers in Group Violation
(using seatbelts) 0.64.rate:02
(not using seat belts) 0.36 rate:005
If adriver in that area is stopped for amoving violation,
what is the probability that he or she:
a. Will have a seat belt on?
b. Will not have a seat belt on?1 AnswerMathematics9 years ago
Nicole has 4 different kinds of coins in her pocket. she has half as many pennies as nickles and more quarters than dimes. the total value of all her quarters and her nickels equals $1. which of the following is a reasonable statement?
A. she has 20 coins all together.
B. all of the coin together are worth $1.45
C. She has 3 more pennies than quarters
D the value of her quarters minus the value of her dimes is $0.153 AnswersMathematics9 years ago