I've got a big literature project due tomorrow, and one of the elements is to create a soundtrack based on Macbeth. I've got the scenes and themes I want to do, but I honestly don't know that much music and I could really use some help for the last few I'm stuck on.
Here are the songs I need:
-A song about being haunted by something you've done wrong (Macbeth being haunted by Banquo's ghost after killing him)
-A song about not being as strong as you think or another one about being haunted by something you've done wrong (Lady Macbeth's washing blood off her hands scene)
-A song about being strong for someone else even though you're not that strong yourself (Lady Macbeth calming Macbeth down at the dinner he sees Banquo's ghost)
-A song about being paranoid (Macbeth fearing others after he is king)
Thank you so much for any contributions!1 AnswerLyrics8 years ago
Please note I am speaking of the karyotype YY, not XYY or XXYY.
Recently, scientists have been experimenting with creating sperm from female DNA and eggs from male DNA (see http://www.geneticsandsociety.org/article.php?id=3... There seem to be some problems with creating sperm without a Y chromosome, but male eggs seem to be working with XY chromosomes, and scientist have been able to create eggs from male mice. Let's say a male egg is created, is fertilized with male sperm, and is placed in a female surrogate. If I am correct, the child then would have a 25% chance of being female, a 50% chance of being male, and a 25% chance of receiving two Y chromosomes. The X chromosome plays an important part in the first few weeks of growth, and causes the baby to start out with nipples and female sex organs, which in males will later become male sex organs when the Y chromosome kicks in (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Kdoja3hlk
). I have not been able to find any evidence of YY syndrome online, which would theoretically be possible through genetic mutation since XYY syndrome exists and in XO syndrome the X chromosome does not always come from the mother (In the /majority/ of cases where monosomy occurs, the X chromosome comes from the mother.- Wikipedia). This leads me to believe, in an extremely rare case, that it is possible a child could receive two Y chromosomes and no X chromosomes but would not survive until birth. Would a child with YY be possible, able to survive to birth, and if so, how would it be affected?
Any information that could help me in my research would be greatly appreciated.3 AnswersBiology8 years ago
I ordered a wig online for my Halloween costume a few weeks ago through Amazon. I was under the impression it would arrive in time, but now the estimated date of arrival is November 2 - November 21. It's being shipped by USPS, and the tracker says it departed from Coppell, Texas at 10 last night (October 27th). I live in a major suburb in central North Carolina. Is there a significant chance it will arrive in time, or should I find another wig? Any information is helpful!3 AnswersHalloween8 years ago
I'm trying to finish my math homework, and I'm not sure what to do with this one after staring at it and going through previous problems for about two hours. Can anybody help me?1 AnswerHomework Help8 years ago
I bled through my bedsheet and mattress pad last night, but I managed to get the blood stains out in the sink with Woolite. I want to wash them in the machine just to make sure. How do I wash them in a machine (I need the basics, what settings do I put it on, can I use Tide Free and Gentle and how much do I use, can I wash them together) and how to dry them as well.2 AnswersCleaning & Laundry8 years ago
I am seriously addicted to APH: USUK fanfiction. So far I've read and loved:
American Dreams in a Quaint English Village
The World Once Without You
Does anyone know of any other really good USUK fanfiction? Something with a lot of drama?3 AnswersComics & Animation9 years ago
I am writing my thesis for a history essay, here is what I have:
Though we often think of modern American society as one that doesn’t judge or exclude, and unlike in Ancient Greece, discrimination against persons based on their religion is illegal, it still occurs in our society today.
I know I probably need a semicolon somewhere, can someone help me with where to put one? Thanks!1 AnswerHomework Help9 years ago
Okay, where to begin...
So there's this guy at my high school. Kinda nerdy and a little bit annoying, but I find it really... cute. There are two problems with this. One, my best friend is annoyed by him, however, she tolerates when he sits by us. Two, he's bi. I don't have a problem with this having him as my friend right now, I just wouldn't want to like him just to find out he likes some guy... Oh gosh, I sound like some middle school gossip girl. But I can't tell if he's flirting with me or if he's just being, er, feminine. Any opinions appreciated.2 AnswersLesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender9 years ago
My mom is about 50 years old, and she is pretty sure she has shingles. She has chickenpox as a kid, but she has had a lot of back problems and stress lately and lowered her immune system, making it come back. The thing is, I had a mild case of chickenpox when I was younger, and I got a booster shot a few years ago. I am a 14 year old healthy female, but I have been stressed out lately as well. Will this be enough to keep me from getting sick?4 AnswersInfectious Diseases9 years ago
I went to my friend's anime club today, and they were watching this series. They were on episode 8, and I want to watch the episodes before.
In the eighth episode, there are this girl and a 'guy' on a bus, going to a ski mountain. (BTW, the thing is in Japanese, it's subbed.) Then it changes to these three men dressed in black, waiting on the mountain for an alien princess from a female-only planet to arrive. The princess comes, and falls in love with the 'guy' from the first scene, the guys in black try to stop their love, but they flee. The episode ends with the men in black telling the princess that her lover is another girl... anyways, does anyone know the title of this series? And possible a website to watch it on?
Thanks!2 AnswersComics & Animation9 years ago
We are out of disposable leg razors at my house, but there is a big bag of the disposable plastic ones my dad uses on his face. Would it be alright for me to use one of these on my legs?9 AnswersOther - Skin & Body9 years ago
I have to turn a Spanish passport into an introduction for a Spanish project. I am stuck on this one ID card that says Maria is from "Santa Fe de Bogota, D.E." (accent over the second a in 'Bogota'). What country does she live in?2 AnswersLanguages9 years ago
I just got a lightly used, almost new tablet from my school, and I have had a few problems on it. The two main ones concern Youtube videos. They will often crash my computer, I'd probably say once every hour of watching videos. My screen will turn black but the audio will continue playing, then parts of my screen slowly come back then vanish again. I always have to hold down the power button and restart to fix this.
I also will get this error where the video image will turn into vertical lines and the audio will continue playing. This isn't just for particular videos, it will sometimes happen halfway through one video and exist throughout several more videos. It will even occur when I watch a video from Youtube on a non-Youtube page. Even restarting doesn't seem to fix this.
Does anyone have any information on why this is happening or how I can fix this? Anything is appreciated.
Thanks!2 AnswersYouTube9 years ago
I'm a almost 14-year old girl, and I noticed while in the shower today that I have a lot more pimples than I did yesterday. I've also been kind of moody recently. I've heard these are signs that it's your 'time of the month,' but are they signs that it's your FIRST time of the month, if so, how likely is it?
The reason I want to know this is because I start high school in a few days, and I would hate to have to ask a teacher I've just met for a pad.... or to go to the school nurse for one, because the school nurse knows my mom super-well. Should I pack pads? How many?
Thanks!4 AnswersWomen's Health9 years ago
I am trying to put recycling bins in my local park as part of an eighth grade science project. I was wondering if anyone knew of a few organizations I could contact to interview or help me make this a reality. By the way, I live in Wake County, North Carolina if that information is needed.1 AnswerGreen Living9 years ago
I purchased sims 3 wii, and it sucked, so I really want to get the best version possible this time. I want to get the PC game, but I'm not sure if I should get the regular version, collector's edition, or deluxe. I don't mind spending an extra ten dollars to improve my playing experience if it's worth it.
Also, I'm trying to decide between buying Late Night, Generations, or saving up for the Pets expansion pack. Which one gives you the most everyday fun, and is best for storytelling?2 AnswersVideo & Online Games9 years ago
He thinks buying Minecraft for me is 'fishy' because they want you to pay in Euros and the site doesn't look professional, and says, "Why don't you just get it when the full version comes out?" I don't blame him becaus he had his identity stolen. Will someone proove him wrong?5 AnswersSecurity10 years ago