Anonymous

Outlook error stating that the 'send' task can't complt. it recvs OK. how do I fix this? alt.email verified

Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 553 From: address not verified; see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/alternate_em... I have verified the alternate email address, but still no joy. Any ideas out there? All other email addresses work OK. In fact I receive yahoo emails. I have tested the connection and it works fine. But this error message keeps coming up. How do I fix this? Thanks for your help.

Favorite Answer

I'm having the same problem. My yahoo email was working fine for months, and the problem started yesterday Monday Feb. 11, 2008.

I'm using Eudora to send mail via yahoo's SMTP server. My connection to the yahoo SMTP server reports the same error as you've described. The from address I'm using has been verified by yahoo.

I'm assuming there's some bug in yahoo's SMTP service.

The same problem is reported at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200802...

Jim

• Add another one to the list of people with the same problem (intermittently). It was working for months but then as of Feb 12th 5:07 pm I started getting this error. Since then, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Also, the problem is not specific to thunderbird -- I get the same error also in Outlook Express. I have an open ticket with yahoo through my ISP so we'll see what they say.

Phil, I'm also getting the problem. Have tried to rename the inbox, and also move the messages to another folder in webmail, but this didn't work. My message count also did not match the number of messages in the inbox folder. Exactly how did you manage to archive the inbox and fix it, so I can also try this? I've also got a message against each entry in the spam folder saying 'Mail could not load this message'. Since we're seeing other occurrences hopefully it's a BT problem that will be fixed soon. Graham

I am having the same problem. I found something on the Yahoo Help Site that mentioned the SMTP settings had changed recently (smtp.att.yahoo.com) and the outgoing port needed to change (465) as well, but those fixes did not solve the problem. It just gave me a different error message.

BTW: The issue started for me today (Feb. 12) sometime between 5 and 7 p.m. CT.

• pesina

Task Reported Error 0x800ccc0f

Same problem for me all of a sudden. I use Eudora and started getting error 553 From: address not verified this evening. Verizon telephone support was useless, as usual.

Had the same problem starting tonight (Feb 11th), went to the link suggested in the error message but it was useless.

I found I had to press the "Options" link in upper right of the Yahoo Mail Classic screen, the "Mail Addresses" under "Management" on the next screen and then "Add" a mail account. I wasn't asked to verify anything but now my send works again.

Had the same problem. Assuming you are not using your ATT e-mail address.

Try logging on to ATT/Yahoo Mail. Then go to Mail Options and add the e-mail address (the one that is not sending) as an account for sending.

ATT/Yahoo will require you to verify that you own the account.

All is well.

Sounds like you have an incorrect SMTP server address. Either that, or your mail server is down.

Actually, ATT/Yahoo is having technical difficulties right now. Hopefully they'll get it going soon.