What are good groovy country song's?
I like old county. I'm looking for songs like hillbilly highway by steve earle. Those kinda songs that make you wanna dance? Thanks
- Ramblin ManLv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
Hi, You could try some modern alternative/underground country which sounds more like the older country. You can find more artists like below by searching for alternative, americana, outlaw country, rockabilly/psychobilly, folk, and stuff like that on sites like youtube, reverbnation, lastfm, and pandora radio. This is by no means a complete list. Links below.
1. Joey Allcorn - Alabama Chain Gang, 50 Years Too Late, Six Feet Down, This Ain't Montgomery feat Hank III, Graveyard Bound feat Lonesome Wyatt, Son Of A Ramblin' Man, (Graveyard Bound is country/metal mix.)
2. Bob Wayne & The Outlaw Carnies - Road Bound, Mack, Till' The Wheels Fall Off, Ain't No Diesel Trucks In Heaven, Lyza, Driven By Demons, 2012, All My Friends
3. Tonya Watts - The Day Hank Jr. Came To Town, Lonesome Bend Road, Cumberland Angels, Jesus Cowboy, Thought You Should Know, Daddy's Redneck Flaws
4. Little Lisa Dixie - Stoned Again, I'll Go With You, Devil's Gate, Living To Survive, Bonnie And Clyde, Woke Up Broke, Stop Acting Like a Lady, Bury Me Deep, Dance With The Devil, Getting Over You.,
5. Dale Watson - Justice For All, Hollywood Hillbilly, A Real Country Song, From The Cradle To The Grave (This guy is similar to Johnny Cash)
6. Steve Earle - Copperhead Road, Guitar Town
7. Pistol Annies - Hell On Heels, Takin' Pills, Family Feud, Hush Hush (Miranda Lambert's side band project.)
8. Curtis Lyn Cook - Watching America Idle, Outlaws (He is real country!)
9. Junior Brown - My Wife Thinks Your Dead, Highway Patrol
10. Matchbox - Rockabilly Rebel, Rockin' At The Ritz (Not country but rockabilly.)
11. Hank III - Louisiana Stripes, Rebel Within, 3 Shades Of Black, D. Ray White, Me And My Friends, Gutter Town, Getting' Drunk And Falling Down, Thrown Out Of The Bar (many more!)
12. The Hillbilly Moon Explosion feat Sparky - My Love For Evermore (rockabilly/psychobilly video on youtube!)
13. Rachel Brooke - Knoxville Girl, Bottle Tippin' Blues, Dead Dog, Wolves, The Barnyard (She just came out with a new album.)
14. Jackson Taylor & The Sinners - Country Song (Video is on youtube)
15. Honky Tonk Hustlas - South Of Nashville, Hallways Of The Always, Long Lonely Road, Dark Lost Soul, Drinkin' With My Friends
MORE: Old Crow Medicine Show, Jimbo Mathus, Lindi Ortega, Gillian Welch, George Goss, Hellbound Glory, Lydia Loveless, Joe Buck Yourself, Ghoultown, The Secret Sisters, Shooter Jennings, Wayne Hancock, Scott H. Biram, J.B Beverly & The Wayward Drifters, No Speed Limit Band, Jamey Johnson, Sarah Jarosz, Roger Alan Wade, Dixie Bee Liners, Zane Lewis, Tanner Flowers (aka: Tanner Flowers on youtube), Adrienne Young & Little Sadie. There's also a modern day drifter/Woody Guthrie called Pokey Lafarge he's a mix of blues, country and folk music. Pokey has some great stuff if you look around on youtube!
(Joey Allcorn - Honky Tonkin' Ramblin Man) Check out his other songs like 50 Years Too Late, Graveyard Bound, Six Feet Down, and so on.
(Pistol Annies - Hell On Heels) Miranda Lambert's side band project. Check out their other songs/videos!
(George Goss - Ain't No Honky Tonks In Jail) Modern Texas country, if you like the older singers such as Willie & Waylon, then you will like this guy. I recommend the song "Welcome To The Badlands" on reverbnation.com
(Curtis Lyn Cook - Outlaws official video) Check out his other songs like "Watching America Idle' and such.
(Little Lisa Dixie - I'll Go With You Explicit) True outlaw country song here! Check out her 2011 album, a new album is coming soon. To me she is the new queen of outlaw country.
(Honky Tonk Hustlas - Drinkin' With My Friends)
I hope you enjoy these artists! Good luck!
- Anonymous7 years ago
Good groovy country songs that make you wanna dance, well it is not exactly country but it makes you want to dance is a group called the Fryed Brothers and the song is called Hillbilly Ghetto. It is an awesome song.
- MichaelLv 67 years ago
Groovy as in .."cool" ?? try these-
1. Hello daily news- by Marty Robbins
2. We're getting mighty close- Marty Robbins
3. Rainbows- Marty Robbins
4. Toast of 45- Sammi Smith
5. Just one look- Anne Murray
6. Washed my hands in muddy water- Marty Robbins
- allieLv 67 years ago
I like Redneck White socks and Blue Ribbon Beer by Hank Thompson.