Is there a waiting period to re-enter Canada..? Can I check up on my extension application?

I came to Canada as a visitor, and the immigration officer told me he'd only let me stay for 5 weeks, despite the ticket I had already purchased for 6 months later. I applied for an extension, but it seems I'm not going to get the letter before I have to leave on Saturday. 1) Is there someone I can... show more I came to Canada as a visitor, and the immigration officer told me he'd only let me stay for 5 weeks, despite the ticket I had already purchased for 6 months later. I applied for an extension, but it seems I'm not going to get the letter before I have to leave on Saturday.

1) Is there someone I can contact to ask if my application has been processed?

2) If I must go back to the U.S., will I have to wait to re-enter Canada, or can I just purchase a ticket and fly right back in on another visitor visa?