ti- 84 graphing calculator?

for math i have to make a picture on my graphing calculator by putting equations into the y=. does anyone know any simple pictures or any websites to show me how to make one??

thankss:)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can make a crude smiley face. In order to do this, you'll need to make a circle (or two semi-circles that come close), and depending on what you use for eyes and a nose, you can make semi-circles for that too.

Because the calculator cannot graph non-functions in Function mode, any vertical lines cannot be drawn. That's why there's a gap in between the two semi-circles and the eyes. But that's the best you can do.

For the following smiley face (which I altered from the link below), I suggest you turn the axes off ([2nd][Zoom](Format) > AxesOff), and make the viewing window square ([Zoom] > 5:ZSquare) before graphing the following.

In the Y= menu, enter the below:

Y1={1,-1}√(81−X²

Y2=3.7+√(4-(X+{3,-3})²

Y3=-√(1−X²

Y4=-2−√(16−X²

Y5=3−√(1-(X+{3,-3})²

Then press [Graph] to view the result.

Source(s): http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1... (with a few modifications).
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

they supply you the equation, so flow to the y= button and the place it says Y1=, style in 50+x/10+34000/x word: if the 50 + x is throughout 10 you may desire to positioned the (50 + x) in parentheses. If only the x is over 10, and the 50 is all via itself, then you certainly do no longer % parentheses. Then flow to WINDOW and make Xmin = 0, Xmax = one thousand, Ymin = 0 and Ymax = one thousand. you additionally could make Xscl and Yscl one hundred (that is how far aside each and each tick mark on the axes is) Then hit graph For the table, flow to TBLSET (2d WINDOW) and make TblStart 0 and delta TBL 50 , supply up, then hit table (2d GRAPH) and scroll down till you get the backside fee for y

• 4 years ago

Even though you are a starter you can enhance your drawing in general with assistance from Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery from here https://tr.im/bDzOd since each step is broken down seriously to this kind of depth in order that novices may follow along rather easily.

Pencil Portrait Mastery guide uncovers usual mix-ups that apprentices usually produce way of portray the problem of the lips, strategy to help keep teeth from being overdrawn.

Christopher Sia, mcdougal of this guide put everything he realized into Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery, an integral program that teaches beginners the fundamental abilities and techniques needed seriously to become great pencil portrait artists. Christopher maintains his plan can be carried out by anyone, whether they have a history in art or not.

• 6 years ago

Really like empire's answer, however, leave out the y5 equation for best results, trust me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.