Do any non-Catholics here believe in Purgatory?

I ask this because I read a story of a Protestant man who was distraught when his brother died. He went to talk to a Catholic Priest and told him that he didn't think his brother would have went to Hell since he was good, but he also couldn't see him going directly to Heaven since he didn't seem so... show more I ask this because I read a story of a Protestant man who was distraught when his brother died. He went to talk to a Catholic Priest and told him that he didn't think his brother would have went to Hell since he was good, but he also couldn't see him going directly to Heaven since he didn't seem so good as to be able to do so. The Priest told him about Purgatory and how many people go there to be purified from all their sins as to be able to go to Heaven. The man started believing in Purgatory after this and started offering prayers for his brother so he could be purified faster and go to Heaven.

I don't know but, even if I wasn't a Catholic, I think I would probably reason like that Protestant man.