Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 years ago

Why am I so annoyed when people suck their teeth or stare at me?

I get enraged if I hear someone suck their teeth. Like when they disapprove of something or have an attitude and make that tooth sucking sound. Also when people stare at me again and again and think I dont notice...drives me insane. Does this make me a bad person? Does anyone else get annoyed with these behaviours ?

Favorite Answer

When it gets to the level of staring, I can't think of a single person that likes that.

sucking their teeth, if it's what I think it is, is not annoying to me but I never hear people do this, maybe you know someone who does it enough to where it gets on your nerves. Pretty sure it'd bother me if I heard it a lot, I just don't ever hear it. But, if you're talking about it just irking you every time you rarely hear it, nah, that wouldn't bother me. Something that irks me every rare time I hear it is when you encounter someone who chews with their mouth open, smacking their lips and things like that, that makes my skin crawl and I don't need to hear it often, just once is enough. Yo don't need to poll us though for it to be valid, like someone else said everyone has small things that they can't (and don't need to) explain why but it drives them crazy. Can be lip smacking, or teeth sucking, whatever it is, it's something. People can pretend like they're zen when answering questions like this, but lies don't help you. You don't have some "anger" or "tolerance", that person is a child of the lie :P

cause its annoying to have sonneone do that

why you get annoyed -- because you have expecations that you silenetly expect others to follow.

Does this make me a bad person? your nto a bad person. you can react poorly i'm sure still dont' make you a bad person. it makes you intolrable. you can also not work on healing yourself as this could be borderline mental issue called misphonia

Does anyone else get annoyed with these behaviours ? I have misphonia so yes noises bother me to the point i get angery and get sent into fight or flight mode. the key is knowing your trigger noises and doing what you can to learn to cope with them. and let those close to you know ..

this also seem slike it could stem from some minor control issues. people don't do what you want them to or what you expect them to do and it takes you back a few steps. Self control goes a lot further when it's practice daily. self control becomes habit.

so think about this way however old you are you have reinforced this habit of getting driven insane by what others might do. a therapist might be able to offer some healthy coping tools .. i don't think you'd need to seek out therapy for long term tho.

tooth sucking? never heard of it

You need to learn tolerance and patience and deal with your anger issues.

• ?

Try getting a life. Thanks for asking.

• y

You have a tolerance and anger issue. How you respond when you have these feelings is what will make you, good or bad, so to speak.