On a scale of 1-10, how ridiculous was the Terry Schaivo madness of last year?

When the news covered Terry Schaivo 24-7 last year, it really saddened/angered me. It was especially tough because my brother in law's father was dying at the time. He was on a feeding tube and basically being kept alive by machines. He could've kept living for years, with machines feeding him nutrients and... show more When the news covered Terry Schaivo 24-7 last year, it really saddened/angered me. It was especially tough because my brother in law's father was dying at the time. He was on a feeding tube and basically being kept alive by machines. He could've kept living for years, with machines feeding him nutrients and pumping his lungs for him, but was all the pain and hallucinations and madness that encompassed him worth keeping him alive, just because you can? My brother in law was so sad and heartbroken, I can't imagine what his life would have been like if mobs of protesters, supporters and camera crews were constantly following him.

So when people were breaking into her house to give her a glass of water, and politician doctors were diagnosing her over the television, and Schaivo "supporters" were selling Save Schaivo T-shirts for $15 a piece on the internet, did it not make you feel a little sick to your stomach?