me asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 1 decade ago

What rental car agency do you prefer and which do you avoid?

Favorite Answer

My two favorites are National and Alamo - they're easy and usually have the best price.

I HATE Dollar. No matter how much your rental amount is, they hold a minimum of $250 on your card. They held $500 on a $139 rental on a convertible, and held $250 on a $40 rental of a Cavalier on me. Never again. Why let them do that?

I was treated like dirt by my local Enterprise. So much so, that when I wrote their corporate office to complain about my experience, their vice-president called me personally to apologize and even he was condescending on the phone. I got my money back and I will *never* rent from them again.

Afraid I can't recommend any car rental agencies. Enterprise was the first and last time I've ever tried to rent a car on my own.

I love Enterprise. They have the highest hiring standards. You can't even work for them unless you have a college degree. I dislike Alamo.

Just poor customer service.

Avoid Hertz, we had a horrible experience with them.

Alamo, no restrictions on unlimited mileage, others have geographical limitations...

hertz is great...enterprises stinks. i don't like their cars