Frester asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Do you have Essential Tremors?

I have it. If you don't know what it is, look here.

http://mdc.lhsc.on.ca/mdc/asp/mvmtdsrdrs.asp#

click on tremor.

there is no cure. Nor are there any real meds for it. We are guinea pigs to try new things. We need more awareness.

Yes many drugs to try, but none of them are specific for tremor. they are for other things. Ive tried them all. NO help there.

I have tried all the meds out there. So far anyways. I do see a movement disorder specialist. My tremor would be considered moderate. ANd almost full body... Mine is not hereditary and appeared 3 years ago (age 40)

Favorite Answer

I have had it since I was a little kid. No cure but there are drugs that can help. The side affects stopped me from using them.

Yes I do have it. For me it is a familial (genetic) problem that didn't really show up until I was 30. It's not severe yet, but it is annoying and I assume will get worse as I age. I do take propranolol (beta blocker) when I want to not have the tremor. It works wonderfully. Ask your Dr. about it. I don't use it all the time, nor do I need to, only when I am going into a situation where I don't want to shake. Look into whether anyone in your family has it. Also, hopefully in the next 10 -15 years they will have new and improved treatments. Good Luck.