Who believes in gods and goddesses.?

I believe their are gods of the wind and gods of the water and more.

Favorite Answer

I do.... they walk among us!!! Hopefully, you get to fall in love with a god or a goddess when you grow older... (even I may be a god!!)

If you believe in Nature, then gods and goddesses of the many aspects of Nature are a natural thing to believe in.

Frank Lloyd Wright said ,"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature".

Nature is all around you. If its a manifestation of the God some believe in, or a manifestation of numerous gods and goddesses who all contribute to a whole, it is nonetheless, I think, more real than anyone could ask for, complete with triumphs and disasters, and terrible beauty.

I believe in a god and a goddess that work as one. I believe that in order to create you must have both male and female.

• Aria

I realize that gods and goddeses have existed throughout time, but I believe in God (YHWH) and I believe he is Triune. Folks over time, however, have had so many problems that they had to conjure up ways to stay safe, have food, be free of war, keep their people in line, et. al. They named them all and depending on their particular attribute, people would pray to them and worship them. For example, one of the gods of the sea is/was Poseidon. When, over time, the people realized that there was a bad weather season and they were facing hurricanes, etc. they would pray to Poseidon for good weather. If there was good weather, they knew Poseidon heard them and answered the prayers. If there was bad weather, they naturally assumed that they didn't offer Poseidon enough glory for the season and they upped the praise during the next season. Osirus ruled over hell and Osirus would be worshipped and praised when someone got sick so that Osirus didn't drag them to the dark side. If the person died, they would up the worship for the next time, because Osirus was not pleased. These poor people put themselves through so much misery. I am sure it took a lot of time to worship and make plans as to what the offerings would be. Oh, and we can't forget that for reasons that seem unclear, people would shun a god/goddess. Medusa was a great example of the shunning. Actually, in this case, the people used the shunned Medusa on people that were vain. If you revered in yourself and people were tired of your vanity, you were told that you would wind face Medusa. They said your vanity would be tested by Medusa, who had loved herself too much. If you looked at Medusa, she could freeze you in place for having the vain audacity to look at her! These are just a few examples of gods/goddeses.

Source(s): College.

It is awesome to here what everyone believes in without arguing! This is a rare occasion. Personally, I pray to one God, but believe that spirits exists in everything.

You do. I'm aware of the theory they existed, because they're in Greek and Roman Mythology. You know, the ones in Roman mysthology are said to be the same ones as in Greek Mythology, but under a different name in Roman mythology.

I'm a pagan and believe that there are many aspects of the "Creator" I honor all of them, the Horned God and the Earth Mother and the million I haven't named.....

I know people create gods and goddesses!

I personally don't, because then..according to the Bible.. I'd be a pagan. That's not saying though..that my beliefs are true to you. You can believe what you want to believe.

I just thought I had to say that, cause I don't want people messaging me about pushing my beliefs on other people LOL =P

I'd like to think there was some support for us from the Lords and Ladies of the elements and such.