Is Calderon's victory a good or bad thing? Why?

His victory was in Mexico.

Favorite Answer

Definitely a good thing.

Lopez would have joined Cuba, Venezuela and Bolivia in the new Latin American axis of evil.

Luckily Mexico escaped as did Peru.

It is a good thing. He was educated in the United States (Harvard) - he is conservative and he wants to so something positive about the immigration situation. He has an uphill fight, but he was to create better working conditions in Mexico so that they will stay there and work. He opposes the wall between the US and Mexico. Vincente Fox did a lot of talking, but didn't seem to accomplish much or put an end to the illegal immigration situation.

I think is a positive step. This is the second election that the Mexican Right has won. This will consolidate policies adopted by Fox. I pray that corruption will be reduced and for Mexico to employ more people reducing the desire to head north.

The PRI seems to be a spent force, with the Socialists replacing them in the opposition.

I may have had to google his name to find out who he was and in which country he obtained his "victory", and I may have no idea what he or his party stands for, but that doesn't stop me from believing to my very soul that Calderon is an almost spiritual force for good in Mexico.

Yay for whatshisface!

he was hand picked by Karl Rove and the Bush team,,,,, bad for America and Mexico,,,, VOTE DEMOCRAT