My laptop files are marked to "Share" but my pc shows NO permission, BUT IT DOES!! Laptop can access PC easy

My laptop and PC are networked ... but for some reason, I have never been able to access my laptop from my PC... I always get a window that says I " don't have permission, and also says that user is not granted the requested logon type at this computer."...but when I got back to my Laptop, everything appears to be configured ok to share. It works fine in reverse... I can access everything from my pc when I'm on my laptop,,... I just can't do it in reverse! HELP

Favorite Answer

By default only administrators have unrestricted access to other user's files, computers and shares, unless user or group policies have been modified, the user has a common account on each computer or log-ons and accounts are managed by a dedicated server.

By default WindowsXP places you in the Users Group which has restricted priveleges.

Try logging on as Administrator and accessing the other networked computers.

If you can now connect and view available network shares, then you know the problem is a group or user privelege issue and that can be easily resolved by including your logon account for the desktop as a Power User on the laptop.

Check the firewall settings on your laptop. You need to set the permission for any other computer to access it.

your laptop is probably firewalled anyways to fix the problem you need SP2 windows xp

if you do go to the security center and turn the firewall off

Source(s): Arch angel programs

check your NTFS permissions