Which is a better movie, Superman Ret or Pirates II? Will Superman Ret Make Money?

From the daily gross figures, it looks like Superman will have a hard time breaking even anytime soon. Critics estimated it would need to make 500mil+ to recover costs - including marketing.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/daily/

Let me know what you think.

-Leon

Best Answer

Well Pirates will definately do better than Superman Returns. I think there was way too much hype for Superman, which is a shame because I have heard that the young actor playing Superman did a GREAT job and has a bright future. As well as Kevin Spacey as Lex. I LOVE Johnny Depp, he is amazing and I'm not surprised Pirates is doing so well, afterall the first one was great too!

Pirates 2

• I saw Pirates the other day and I thought it was great. I loved the spevial effects they used on the pirates costumes. It did run for nearly 2 and 1/2 hours, but I found it didn't feel that long at all. So I give it a 9 out of 10. It can't have a ten because no movies that good. As for Superman - Who cares, it sucks.......................

Well I haven't seed Pirates II But I heard good things about it. I have seen S. Returns and It sucked. Well I take it back. I wouldn't say it sucked all around. But it was rather disappointing. The only thing I really liked about the movie. Was Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther. I don't know if It will break even. But I bet you It will hit DVD before X-3 does.

Pirates

SUPERMAN RUTURNS..its a legend! and who cares?! at least he made it to the all-time box office list as of today! and it might climb up even higher! given the fact that superman is portrayed by a "not-so-famous" actor, it is already a sign of a very good movie! what more can happen if tom welling or ashton kutcher played superman...right?! pirates II is just full of special effects! lots of effects..but does it boils down to a good story? obviously NO!

Pirates II only because Johnny Depp is smoking hotttt.

pirates 2 will definately be better than superman. b-cuz more people liked the first one of pirates and pirates also has the hottest men in it. ORLANDO BLOOM!!!!!! he is soooo hot!

In my opinon, Supes kicks the tar out of Depp and triconner hat, but compare that to the amount of teenage girls will shell out enough money to listen to that bad accent say "savey". POC has sold out in my town three hours in advance. Unlike Supe who had pleanty of seats left but it was a great show. POC makes more money, Supe is a better show...bottom line Good example... in the three minutes it took me to write this, five girls voted for POC.

Source(s): me

pirate's II ALL the way!!!!!! i dont think superman will do so good though.