What is the most environmentally friendly car?

I know nothing about cars but I want to know this. Also, are they super expensive compared to their gas-guzzling cousins?

Favorite Answer

one that is turned off.

All powered vehicles create some polution. Electric vehicles shift the polution to the powerstation that generates the electricity.

Biodiesel is the best bet for the future.

I would go with Honda Accord Hybrid, Toyota Camry hybrid, Toyota Prius, Ford Escape Hybrid.

And as usual my favorite is a an electric scooter! What can be better then pay nothing for gas and have ability to ride 30-40 mph for 6-7 hours.

You can also use gas scooter, and it will give you 100-120 miles per galon, which is very good too.

One that is already built. All cars, especially hybrids take a lot of energy and create a lot of waste when they are built. Hybrids are usually a few thousand more than a similar car with a regular gasoline engine. Usually the cost of them is not made up within the first 100,000 miles of driving the car.

100,000 miles / 55 mpg x $3.00 per gallon gas = $5454.54

100,000 miles / 33 mpg x $3.00 per gallon gas = $9090.90

That's a difference of $3636.36 which is close to the difference of the price of the car. This doesn't even take into account the unknown reliability of the extra equipment and batteries needed to make a hybrid work, so it's not really worth it in my oppinion.

probably the Honda Insight