what is the best city in the United States to live in?

City that has over a million people.

Favorite Answer

Easy. New York City. Has the most and the best of everything. If you live in "the City" (ie. Manhattan) you can walk most everywhere and public transportation is excellent. Want to explore the vicinity? Try good beaches close-by, ski resorts a few hours away, quaint towns in Ct & Ma. Gambling? ACY & Foxwoods right there. Feel like looking at something entirely different? Flights to most everywhere in the world at prices much more affordable than from most cities.

While prices may put you off a bit in the beginning, the energy, vibrance, multiculturality and opportunities the city affords in every respect make them worthwhile.

And the weather? Maybe you'll find places with better weather but think about it, NYC is nowhere near as extreme as many, many other places.

Source(s): Own experience. Non-New Yorker. Lived there for two years, loved it and would move back there in a nanosecond.

a million. fortress Collins, Colorado 2. Naperville, Illinois 3. Sugar Land, Texas 4. Columbia/Ellicott city, Maryland 5. Cary, North Carolina 6. Overland Park, Kansas 7. Scottsdale, Arizona 8. Boise, Idaho 9. Fairfield, Connecticut 10. Eden Prairie, Maryland

San Diego is beautiful but expensive. Everywhere is expensive now so don't worry about that. You have a valley and the desert to the East, ocean at your doorstep and the mountains to the northeast/west. Awesome city. I live in Dallas and wish I could move to S.D.

and to the person above me it's Katy not caty.

To the guy below me......Dude get real Dallas sucks. It's 101 degrees right now which is fine.........................BUT ITS 12:30 IN THE MORNING! Dallas is bad the whole city is getting worst in crime. Traffic is shitty too. Clubs are hot but clubs are hot everywhere. *especially San Diego*

Source(s): I used to live in El Centro, Ca about an hour and a half from SD

Well I would have to agree and say wherever the bloods and da crips..no I really wouldn't. Well I used to live in Houston and that's a great city there. But overall I would have to say San Antonio. Thats a frickin awesome place there.

I love San Francisco, but then there's New York- the greatest city in the world!

California

How on earth can you make a judgement like that ?? (smiling).

One would have to live/visit every single town to make a comparison.

Same with questions : which is the best country ?????? unless one has visited every single one in the world.......how can you answer ?????

And all the answers will be biased anyway depending on taste !

If you're going to move to the US atleast pick a warm one. Don't move from Canada just to be in more snow! Somewhere in California maybe.

Nashville

Caty Texas!! like 20 miles from Houston!!