Heat sheild fell off my catalytic converter is this a big deal?

my heat sheild of my catalytic converter fell off how much of a big deal is this? Do I really need to replace my converter? Any answers would be very much appreciated.

Best Answer

Most likely it will cause no problems. They put that on their to insure that heat from the converter doesn't penetrate into the passenger cabin. Most of the time this will not cause any problems with the car at all, and rarely does it make your interior any hotter. Any time we have a heat shield loose we will remove it and the customers never experience any ill side effects from it. You should be fine.

Catalytic Converter Cover

The sheild is there to prevent the hot converter from coming into contact with flammable materials, such as tall grass. If you don't drive over grass or park on it, then I would not worry about the missing sheild. In fact I have been driving without the sheild on my cat for 10 years now.

Source(s): Personal experience

you need to put it back or else your car will catch on fire. always do what the manufacture design it for. the purpose of the shield is to heat up the catalytic converter quicker to make it function faster which cut down car emission and to keep the heat away from the bottom floor of the vehicle.

i did a burnout in a parking lot one day like a month ago and the heat shield fell off my pontiac too, it doesnt hurt anything as long as your not gonna leave your car idling for hours to heat it up horribly.

i'm cutting the converter off for a perf. pipe anyway.

• no. you don't need another catalytic converter.

the heat shield keeps radiation heating away from the rest of your car. you will be okay without it.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/D9Y4I

maby when the heat shield fell off it fryed an oxgen sensor wire but i dont think the ar would die because the heat shield fell off unless there is more damage that you cannot see

Nah,,just leave it be

You must be driving a

F-O-R-D

could start your car on fire