what is osteitis condensans and what can be done about it?

I JUST WONDER IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS HAD THIS CONDITION AND ANY HOME REMEDIES FOR RELIEF OF PAIN.

IT IS AFFECTING MY COLLARBONE AND THERE ARE DAYS IT IS QUITE PAINFUL

Favorite Answer

Osteitis condensans ilii is increased density in the iliac bone (ilium), which is located in the pelvis. Osteitis condensans ilii typically causes no signs or symptoms. However, some people experience low back pain or tenderness. It's often found incidentally on an X-ray of the pelvis or lower back done for some other reason.

Although the cause of osteitis condensans ilii isn't known, it occurs most often in women who've been pregnant.

Osteitis condensans ilii usually requires no treatment. However, if you experience back pain, your doctor may recommend:

* Physical therapy

* Pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen

You should check this Sciatica Natural Treatment

http://cure-sciatica.info/

Normally, I would not answer a question like this as my expertise is generally in medication but I had severe sciatica while I was pregnant with my 3rd child (after having had twins) and I had sciatica so bad that I was finding it difficult to walk. I tried massage therapy and physical therapy and could not take medication

I went to the chiropractor and the pain was instantly relieved. My hips and lower back were out of alignment because I had carried twins the year before. On occasion a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) can also work but they usually only work on one joint at a time - the chiropractor will do your whole back which works faster. Anyone who does not believe in chiropractors will tell you they are quacks - don't listen.

I don't necessarily believe that chiropractors can cure things like diabetes but they can definitely relieve some types of back pain especially if a pinched nerve is involved which is usually the cause of sciatica. Try a reputable chiropractor ASAP!

Yes

It is a thickening of the ilium or pelvic bone there is nothing that you can do about it , except for physical therapy and ibubrofen is recommended for pain. It should not be affecting your collar bone.