i'm very pissed about this?

i posted a question just curious of there were any other native indians online. not looking to chat or anthing. i know enough native indians in my area. but curious how many on average participate in these answer/ask questions. i get reported that its a violation and my question gets taken off. it doesn't illicit racism, since i'm asking about my own race, i didn't ask for private corresponsdence, i can go to a chat room for that, i suggested no abusive language or behavior whats so ever. all i said was

how many native indians on line and were you from.

who ever reported as a violation...you could of asked why i worded it like that if you were concerned about that. asking were your from will give me an idea what nation the person is from. for example. if someone is from saskatchewan i would guess cree. etc etc. i did send a lengthy email contesting this violation. so...i'm asking. serious responses please....do you think i was in violation?

Favorite Answer

No, I do not think it was a violation or racist to ask if there are any other native Americans around. I wish I had read the original question. But, I haven't so I will have to be 'open' in my response. It would be like asking are there any other Asian origins, or are there any other Hispanic origins, etc...

My grandmother was native American. She never left the state of Arkansas her whole life. She lived to be 99 yrs. old. I miss her terribly.

There are folks who are insecure within themselves that they would do silly things to make themselves feel better. So chock it up as experience and go on. Pray for the others, thou. They need to understand where you come from. If they don't then, hey, let's ask questions of the original asker before doing anything rash, like violation.

Hang in their, sweetie.

• Surely you mean Native American?

I think you are in violation, not because of racism, but because Yahoo Answers is **supposed** a knowledge-sharing site and asking whether there are any other native indians online doesn't share any knowledge.

Yes. There are other native americans (and native indians) online. But if people were to post "yes, I'm one" you would be able to make contact with them. Yahoo Answers terms and conditions is against its use as a chat-based system. So you are in violation because what you are doing could lead to something which this site specifically isn't.

No!! u shouldn't have been violated for that. I can't speak for others, but I'm sorry u were treated like that. It was probably done by one person who maybe mis-understood your question and took it personally. I don't see how anyone could possibly take offense to what u asked but remember, it takes all kinds to make up this world and from the short time I've been using Yahoo Answers, I am of the opinion that the majority of people using this web site are not prejudiced. Please don't generalize!!

Don't worry. You're only the 14,464th person (this week alone) to go through the SAME thing. I'm not joking. It's not a person filtering OUR questions, is most likely a automated PROGRAM. It looks for single words or phrases that are not in line with Yahoo policies. You obviously DID NOT violate anything or anyone. Yahoo cannot judge your motives, my motives or anyone elses motives. I've had so-called violations myself for the simplest questions. Yahoo needs to focus on the inappropriate sexual questions that seem to always leak through the cracks. It's not fair and I hope they're working on this problem because they are losing people by insulting them. Actually YAHOO IS IN VIOLATION!! (lol)

• Corina

I had the same thing happen to me. I'm a 55 year old woman who watches my grandchild and I just asked if there were anyone else in my immediate area that would like to chat, go shopping with the grand kids and I was reported for soliciting. If they took their time and read any of my previous questions they would have know I was not up to no good. Just a lonely grandmother looking for some friendship.

You were, by your description, not in violation. You can appeal a violation report, since the assumption is that it is a valid report unless you contest it.

There are a lot of "forum trolls" on yahoo answers that like to report people who disagree with them. Maybe a bigot who does not like other races or groups reported you just because they are a bigot. I wouldn't worry about it too much, and just contest every reported violation. They will eventually quit and pick on someone else.

The Gods have been handing violations out like it was Halloween candy. Someone got ticked off for some reason

I always fight every violation notice I get, but I honestly think it does nothing.

The points are gone, you have a ding assessed against you and you'll never get any caliber of response as to why and what and the full outcome.

I think it was a violation...but that's just me. The world we live in makes it seem like a bad question. I think it's just the website covering it's own butt. Some people out there whom are narrowminded might take offense to what you asked, not because it's offensive, but because they are probably not all there or just shallow. It makes me so mad when things like this happen. I'm not even native american, I'm hispanic, but it still makes me angry. Sorry it happened to ya. Good luck on future questions...Remember, don't blame it on the website, they have to do that, just look around you. In public places, workplaces...not only Racism, but stupidity in general. People whom are overly sensitive, just looking for a way to be offended or to sue someone. You'll be ok :)

• Savage

I personally thought your question was fine. I do not understand why it was removed or even reported I do know there are a few members who find it their mission in life to report anyone they can for any reason. normally a person who reports you does not answer your question even when they say they reported you in their answer the ones that do most of the reporting are doing so privately.

I do not know where you posted your question but I would try in the culture section and repost it. I have had a few I posted removed and I felt they were good questions and reposted them in another section and they were not removed.

w45

• zen

Did you post this Q in Polls and Surveys?

I'd try again there.

No, I do not think you were in violation. After all the crap I've seen on here, I can't really call that a violation!