english homework?

hi,

I'm from austria, and have to write an esay for my english homework. But I have no idea what I shall write. Have you any idea? please tell me! It can be everithing. a story, a statement, or something else.

thanks a lot

i forgot! I'm 14 years old

• Fluffy
    Best Answer

Have you been to England? You could write about what you did when you were there and what you thought of the people, the cities etc. If you haven't been you could write about why you would like to go and what you would like to see on your visit!

ps your spelling is much better than a lot of the English people on this site - well done!!

It is useful to write about something which has a great impact on you - whether in a good or bad way. Writing about a bad experience can work well because we tend to be able to recall negative emotions easily. However - remember that you can change that experience in any way to turn it into a story or a newspaper article or an essay - but give it a happy ending, or a tragic ending, as your mood takes you.

Not sure how to help you on this one, since you are a better judge of your knowledge base than I will be. If you know something about the English, why not write about that? What are the cultural differences between theirs and your own. Other ideas: your life or day, state of the world or, perhaps, your aspirations (things that you wish to achieve).

If you use a computer, make sure that you use spell check.

I hope this proves of some use.

• Hannah

Personal qualities are personal characteristics of an individual. They are what make up one's personality. They help a person get along in a new situation. For example, dependability and patience are qualities that employers would like a good worker to have. Other qualities employers value are: honesty, assertiveness, flexibility, problem solving, friendliness, intelligence, leadership, enthusiasm, and a good sense of humor. Most employers want people who are dependable and who get along with others. Though skills are important, an employer will select new employees based on their personal qualities as well.

Hello there!

I don't know how old you are, and that might make a difference. Your English seems fairly good, but try to use words that you are happy with. It is more important that you get your English right - even if the topic seems boring. Your teacher will be more pleased that way!

Maybe describe your pets, a good holiday, favourite things - keep it simple, whatever you choose.

Good luck!

• Ellie

Keep it simple, write about something you know about that way you can concentrate on the English and not have to look up lots of facts. For example: a holiday you took, your pets, your hobbies or what you would like to do when you grow up.

Write a Sci-fi novel, in the vain of some af Arthur C. Clarke's earlier work.

Write a fictional essay about Austrains taking over the world.

• FLOYD

write about the Highland clearances in Scotland and the atrocities the English inflicted on us Scots for centuries

It always helps to write about what you know ... how about a hobby, a life experience (which you can always fictionalise if you don't want everyone to know), someone you care about ...