Is it "set your sites" or "set your sights"?

What is the origin? Does it reference gun sites and setting them for a better shot or does it reference aiming your eyes?

Favorite Answer

it's "sights"and "gun sights" not "sites"

• matte

Sites Vs Sights

Sights

There are several methods to improve quickly and naturally eye sight... To know how to do that you can find here a compelte method based on researches done by some scientist, for a cheap price:

http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=413

I can give you just some tips but I suggest to give a look to the method that i posted above...for example you can take more food that contains vitamin A such as carrots may help to naturally improve your eye sight. We can also always do exercises. There are exercises such as rolling your eyeball to form an invisible square that are always recommended by the doctors to improve one's eyesight. I don't know about quickly as there is no fast way to reach one's goal.

Vegetarians can help to improve one's eye sight. I believe it because I am a vegetarian and my eye short-sightedness power remains the same without any increase after about 2 years. The doctor was shocked because teenagers at my years will usually have a most increase since we are always watching TV, playing computers and also reading. I do not know whether it is totally true or not but it does affect a bit on the result.

Anyway i suggest to check the link that i posted :) It worked for me

Hope it helps.

Atheism is the default setting. That's a fact, not a claim. It is absurd and immoral to claim that a child belongs to a certain group. Children are not capable of making such significant decisions regarding religion and so cannot be considered theists. If a person is not a theist, they are an atheist. It's that simple.

• Judith

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avhr0

The 'babies are born atheist' line is a philosophical position which depends on defining knowledge strictly in terms of what is taught, language capacity, or logic. It fails to take into account the vast amount of knowledge we acquire directly through experience. Consider someone who has only lived in a climate too warm for snow. Snow can be explained through words, books, film, science, etc. Does that person truly 'know' snow? How about the child who runs outside one magically white morning? That child might not even have the word yet, but are you guys really going to say that he or she doesn't 'know' or lacks belief in her experience? Since many mystical traditions seek to go beyond language and rational thought to direct experience, defining 'knowledge' of god strictly in rational terms is missing the point entirely. We don't know what babies experience. For all we know, they might have an innate direct knowledge of the divine which the rest of us have to work for. Until we figure out exactly how to test their experiences, the claim that 'all babies are born atheist' cannot be supported by evidence. The theology and practices of a particular religion, those need to be learned. But theism does not equal a particular religion. Why are so many people confusing these things?

sights. setting your sights, i.e. windage/elevation, allows you to moare accurately hit your intended target. not doing so will cause you to shoot erratically and off the mark. by setting your sights correctly, you are implying that you have made any and all necessary adjustments in order to get your strike on your target the first time. i assume it's origins are either military based or hunting in origin. I would assume they would come from european descent as most prime hunters were originally from there, i.e. snipers.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): quot set sites quot quot set sights quot: https://tr.im/Wj1zl

Hi,

I'm following this system to perfect my vision with simple eye exercises http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=413. I was skeptical at first but I'm really seeing very good results so far.

Try it out

Have a nice day

sights. It's a rifle term for zeroing in on your target.

sights

Check out www.wordorigins.org