Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who wrote and recorded this song?

Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC

Didn't get to bed last night

On the way the paper bag was on my knee

Man I had a dreadful flight

I'm back in the U.S.S.R.

You don't know how lucky you are boy

Back in the U.S.S.R.

Been away so long I hardly knew the place

Gee it's good to be back home

Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case

Honey disconnect the phone

I'm back in the U.S.S.R.

You don't know how lucky you are boy

Back in the U.S.S.R.

Well the Ukraine s really knock me out

They leave the West behind

And Moscow s make me sing and shout

That Georgia's always on my mind.

I'm back in the U.S.S.R.

You don't know how lucky you are boys

Back in the U.S.S.R.

Show me round your snow peaked mountains way down south

Take me to your daddy's farm

Let me hear your balalaika's ringing out

Come and keep your comrade warm.

I'm back in the U.S.S.R.

You don't know how lucky you are boys

Back in the U.S.S.R.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the Beatles recorded it as well as David Hasselhoff, Bon Jovi, Parlophone, Billy Joel and Dead Kennedys

"Back in the U.S.S.R." is a song by The Beatles written by Paul McCartney (John Lennon shares songwriting credits), and which opens the double-disc album The Beatles (also known as The White Album). The song is a parody of Chuck Berry's "Back in the U.S.A." and the Beach Boys' "California Girls," also containing a reference to "Georgia on My Mind." The title was inspired in part by Harold Wilson's "I'm Backing Britain" campaign. A conservative American backlash against the song rapidly ensued, citing the song as evidence of left-wing Beatle propaganda. McCartney's recent confession of having used LSD (combined with Lennon's assertion that the Beatles were "bigger than Jesus") made The Beatles the target of a new anti-rock campaign. A flustered McCartney responded: "'Back In The U.S.S.R' is a hands-across-the-water-song...They like us out there. Even though the bosses in the Kremlin may not, the kids do." "Back in the USSR" was released by Parlophone as a single in the UK in 1976. It featured the song "Twist and Shout" on Side B. The well-known punk group Dead Kennedys covered this on their live album, Live at the Deaf Club. Billy Joel, as well, covered the song on his live-in-Russia album КОНЦЕРТ which was released by Sony Music Entertainment in 1987.

http://back.in.the.ussr.en.infofx.org/

Source(s): Billy Joel Album: Kohuept David Hasselhoff... http://www.lyricz.org/lyrics/169802/David+Hasselho... Bon Jovi ........http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/j/jonbonjovi6841/bac...
  • 1 decade ago

The Beatles recorded it and it was written by John Lennon and/or Paul McCartney.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

ok..in basic terms off the precise of my head - Kris Kristofferson wrote them. a million. Johnny money recorded "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" 2. Janis Joplin recorded "Me and Bobby McGee" 3. Al eco-friendly recorded "For the solid cases" 4. Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge recorded "From the Bottle to the backside" (this is the only one i comprehend of) 5. Willie Nelson recorded "as quickly as extra With Feeling" ..do i'm getting a cookie? :D

• zen
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

John Lennon wrote it.

The Beatles recorded it.

A good hint on songs attributed to "Lennon/McCartney" is Who was the lead singer on the particular song?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Paul McCartney wrote it, The Beatles recorded it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The beatles fo sho

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Beatles in 1968

Also a group named Parlophone re-released it in UK in 1976

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've heard it when my father was playing Beatles' songs..

So, I think it is definitely the Beatles

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Paul McCartney wrote it, Beatles recorded it, it's on the white album.

• 1 decade ago

I think it was The Beatles

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.