how can i fix an ingrown toe nail?

Favorite Answer

I have had to deal with this MY WHOLE LIFE! So trust me, you DON'T have to get surgery...PERIOD.

My suggestion would be to start out by cleaning the red infected area with rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.

Then take very small pieces of a cotton ball (tiny pieces) and rub some neosporin or bacitracin on them. Take a clean orange stick (found at any Wal-Mart or Drug store) and push the piece of cotton ball underneath the side of the toenail that is infected and causing discomfort by cutting into your nail bed.

If you can get the piece of cotton under the nail and between the side/corner of your nail and the affected area of skin, it will keep it from further infection AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT CLEAN EVERYDAY! Repeat this everyday cleaning it with alcohol and changing out the cotton covered in neosporin until the toenail grows out enough and the infected area is healed.

I had to do this for my hubby after he had 2 surgeries that were unsuccessful so I took matters into my own hands based on the way my grandfather had treated his own in the past.

I suggest to go to a foot doctor. He or she will take the nail out and help prevent the ingrown toe nail from happening again.

PS: If the toe swells, place ice on it and go see your doctor.

Take care,

Margret Diana Li Diaz Fley

Source(s): Margret Diana Li Diaz Fley, Medical Assistant

Try to remove the ingrown toe nail yourself and if you cannot,you must see the doctor.

To prevent ingrown of toe nail,trim it frequently.

Use toenail clippers if U can't get it U might need a doctor

you gotta get surgery homie. thats the only way!