Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

annie asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my cats eyes is a little red on the bottom lid. right hand corner by her nose. does any one know what this co

i know it might be infected,i was just wondering if there is a name for this,like pink eye. thanx!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

a sty maybe

• 1 decade ago

Pink eye is a good guess but it also just could be irritated as well or she may have scraped the lid.

Watch for discharge that certainly indicates infection and will start within a day. You can start by gently cleaning with warm salt water on a clean cloth even a soft paper towel and wipe from inside to out and use a new section each time.

If it gets worse or she starts sneezing call the Vet ASAP it could be much worse but if it stays the same after 2 days or gets better she may be fine. Clean it at least twice per day using a simple warm mix of salt and water for now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.