Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What's A Good Way To Lose Weight??

I've tried to eat less but it doesn't help because I just can't refrain myself from unhealthy food. I've started by going for walks when I get up in the morning, I do 5 sit-ups during the day and then at night I do 20 sit-ups, running on the spot and sometimes a walk or short run down the street for about 20 mins. I really want to lose some of my extra fat and I have a 24.0 BMI which is around .7 to .9 away from being overweight for my height (5'2"). Please help!! I need a good way to lose weight..

Favorite Answer

It's not just about eating less, it's about eating BETTER. To actually, TRULY lose weight without really having to worry about it coming back, remember these two things:

1. Exercise.

2. Better food.

Seriously, that's ALL you will ever need. The sit ups that you are doing are not going to help you lose weight, but they WILL help you tone your ab muscles. You need an all-body workout in order to lose weight. Walking and jogging are excellent ways to do that. Also, you can try Banks's Tae Bo DVDs or tapes, they give you a good cardiovascular workout.

Onto the food issue. You do NOT need to eat less. If you currently eat a lot, suddenly cutting that off will make you hungrier and make your body store up fat. Instead, eat more fruits and veggies as snacks instead of chips (unless, of course, they are the all natural vegetable chips), drink more water, and have balanced meals. SNACK ALL YOU WANT on healthy foods like broccoli, carrots, apples, bananas, etc etc etc. Remember, corn has NO nutritional value. It simply helps keep you hydrated.

Never take pills or drinks that say they can help you lose X amount of weight in a short period of time. You will gain all of that weight back and it will be harder to lose. Especially with that stuff that "I'm a Believer" told you to get. That's like paying to lose weight you won't keep off. If you do it naturally, it will go away and stay away!! And your body will be healthier more naturally, and it will thank you for it!

Hope this helps!!

Source(s): Lost 70 lbs by doing what I told you.

You must really want to lose the weight if your going to lose it.

You can't cheat and eat a bunch of unhealthy food. You must eat healthy and exercise. Eating junk food once in a while is fine just don't binge when you do. The healthier you eat the better you will feel and the less you want that junk food.

Healthy diet and exercise and you will see the pounds come off.

Oh try drinking a glass of water before you eat. That will help you from over eating.

Healthy food for weight loss

Is it possible to eat more food and actually lose weight? Absolutely, if you eat more of healthy foods than empty calorie foods (junk food).

Not everyone realizes that you do not have to deprive yourself in order to lose weight. What you have to do is eat more of healthy foods, leaving less room for "bad" foods. If you eat healthy foods - meaning foods high in vitamins and nutrients and are flavorful - you will find that you want less of high calorie or empty calorie foods. Having a variety of foods that you like and want to eat makes it easier to maintain any changes you make to your diet.

When making any changes to the way you eat, do so slowly and don't criticize yourself if your changes take time to become a habit. Study after study has shown that making small changes is what counts. One change at a time will be easier to accomplish and stick with than making a lot of changes all at once. Every little change you make will bring benefits to your health and your waistline.

Here are some changes you can make one at a time that can give you quick weight loss results:

* Eat breakfast

A lot of people skip breakfast. This is a big mistake if you are trying to lose weight. Studies show that those who do not eat breakfast will overeat later in the day. Also, eating breakfast gets your metabolism going, and so whatever is eaten in the morning is metabolized better. If you are not a breakfast eater, try a fruit smoothie or other nutritional shakes.

* Drink water

Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Ice water is best because it will speed up your metabolism. Water is, of course, calorie free and flushes out fat. And lastly, drinking water about a half hour before eating will curb your hunger and will make it less likely that you will overeat.

* Add vegetables

Adding vegetables to some of your favorite dishes is a good way to get in some extra servings of veggies every day. Some examples are: sauces, soups, omelets, sandwiches, and salads. Of course, vegetables make a great snack by themselves or dipped in low-calorie dressings.

* Try to eat more salads

If you're anything like I used to be, as soon as I heard the word "salad," I would immediately think "boring!" That is until I figured out how creative one can be when making a salad. Try adding new vegetables that you haven't tried before or adding boiled eggs, strips of grilled chicken, cheese, and/or nuts. Keep fresh lettuce and spinach leafs on hand, and remember to go easy on the dressing or make your own healthy salad dressing. A healthy and great tasting dressing is mixed olive oil and lemon juice.

Source(s): Get the help you are looking from http://fast-weightloss.blogspot.com - Get Fast weight loss, weight loss tips, weight loss stories, weight loss help and the motivation you require to lose weight. Right now I have an aim to lose 40 pounds... which motivated me research more easy, and healthy weight loss methods which I report on my fast weight loss site http://fast-eightloss.blogspot.com . I think the key to get success in life is to keep on learning good things from where ever you get.

If you are serious about losing weight, the

caloriesin the food you eat should be less

than the energy you use. You will have to

increase your metabolic rate now, and plan

your diet carefully.Formulate your own weight

loss plan and you will lose weight faster. More

details available at http://tinyurl.com/m7ckx

I have found that cleansing helped get rid of my cravings and stay on track of my eating habits.

The best I found is Isagenix. You can use the shakes as meal replacements. I guarantee that you will lose weight and inches quickly.

Good luck!

Source(s): www.subela.Isagenix.com

people who regularly weigh themselves and keep track of their progress in a journal are more likely to lose weight

lift and lower a soy sauce bottle 170 times with your right hand and a wok 170 times with your left

take a 30 second break in the middle of your meal evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food

if food was your only source of pleasure make sure to reconnect with other things you enjoy music sports volunteer work or movies for example

a 50 minute beach volleyball game