Mexico or Dominion Republic??

My husband and I are planning a trip (3 weeks) when is the best time and quietest time to go to either one.We have never been to either, Mexico is very tempting but the beaches sound wonderful in the Dominion.Hotels are very important, location, safety, etc. etc.We are interested in an all inclusive if that is the best way to go

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, others have said it well. The Dominican Republic has some wonderful beaches, but so does Mexico, especially in the Yucatan. The entire area from Cancun south through Playa del Carmen, the island of Cozumel and the new developments all the way down to Tulum are simply fabulous. (If you really want "rustic" and "out of the way" there are even more new and interesting places all the way south to Chetumal. - and that's only the Gulf/Caribean side -)

There are few countries in the world with as well a developed tourist industry as Mexico. While much of the country itself may still be trying to struggle out of the "third world," its tourism industry made it years ago! Your hotel/resort services, quality of food, drinks, amenities of all kinds will be far superior in Mexico than in any other Latin or Caribbean country. (Even better than most European countries). This will go double for safety and security.

The Mexican authorities protect their valuable tourist industry better than almost any nation on Earth. In fact if you are staying in a "resort area" like Cancun, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa, Huatulco, Mazatlan etc, you will most likely be safer than you would be in almost any similar place in the United States or Europe!

If you find a beautiful beach and a good hotel in the DR, I'm sure you will be happy there. However if you want versitility, Mexico wins hands down. If you suddenly want to jump on a local bus and run 150 miles down the highway to see some old ruins or visit a big city, you just jump on a Mexican Premium Class, late model Volvo bus for $25, sit back in reclining, air-conditioned luxury, enjoying a hot gourmet meal and mixed drinks served by the stewardess and catch the latest movies on your seat's very own 15" LCD screen. Two hours later, you arrive in perfect comfort and safety! You CAN'T do anything like THAT in the DR!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

My family has vacationed in both countries, and we just felt safer in Mexico. The Dominican Republic is gorgeous, but so is Mexico. Read the US State Department Consular sheets on both, ( http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1... ) and use that info to base your decision. Our favorite place is the Mayan Suncoast, it's about an hour south of Cancun. Great hotels, great people and the naked teenagers are in Cancun. lol Anytime after October begins the slow season. The ocean is tolerable, but the pools are cold. We go in the summer when everyone else does, and never have any crowding problems, even travelling with a teenager and two toddlers.

Have a great time.

• 1 decade ago

I have been to Mexico (Cancun, Mazatlan, Peurta Vallarta) Dominican (Peurta Plata) Dominican was nice, Punta Cana is the nicer part in Dominican. The water and beaches are nicer. In the Dominican, you usually stay close to the Resort. It wasn't recommended to wander too much on your own, unless you were doing a tour. I loved Cancun the best. The beaches were incredible, there is lots to do and see. It is "Americanized" you can eat at Denny's or McDonalds,etc there. I have always loved the all inclusive you don't have to worry about extra money unless you are going on tours or shopping. Mayan Riviera is great if you like it a little more peaceful.

• 4 years ago

Nowadays is way better knowing how to guard your self because you'll never today in what condition you will be. If you presently take in consideration a self safety than you have to know that you don't need to invest a lot or money and time for you to get at lessons because the best choice in home protection is this system https://tr.im/btICr , the Patriot Self Defense on the web program.

The Patriot Self Defense is just a unique thing because that you don't require to pay months in training to master them. In addition, the great movie manifestations provided make it simple to learn every thing and master the methods in very a brief time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mexico. 3 weeks is more than enough to plan the perfect trip.

=0)

Good luck

• 4 years ago

First of all you will have to re-name some country to "Dominion Republic" - there is no such place.

• 1 decade ago

Mexico is far better

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mexico is 100x better

• 1 decade ago

MEXICO

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.