About drugs...?

let's say someone was drugged. Yeah, the feel dizzy and all those other bad symptoms... but then they're alright the next morning (besides getting addicted to drugs if applicable). So what happens to the drug that they took????

Do they excrete it in their bowl movement?? What happens to it?

Uh... I hope this is not to extreme of content. I just got curious.

Best Answer

OK. I'll make it as simple as possible. All drugs are eliminated at different rates. This is referred to as their half-life. Some may have a half-life of 4 hours - others 4 days. Depends on the drug. The elimination half-life of a drug (or any xenobiotic agent) refers to the time course necessary for the quantity of the xenobiotic agent in the body (or plasma concentration) to be reduced to half of its original level through various elimination processes. Almost all of the drug substance is eliminated through the kidneys though some parts may leave through the bowel. The main thing to consider when dealing with drugs that cause side effects that are not compatible with normal daily functioning is their particular half-life and I could safely say that few laypersons know the half-life of the drug the are taking. If a person continues to take dangerous drugs that are eliminated from the body slowly, they could easily build up a potentially fatal blood serum level. Thank you for asking.

kidneys take the drug out of the bloodstream and it gets excreted in the urine.

the liver filters out your blood, but between your organs yes it is expelled from your body though your urine and, or bowel movements