The amendments to the Child and Family Services Act are scheduled to be proclaimed ojn what day?

Favorite Answer

I am assuming that you are asking about Kevin and Jared’s Law (Child and Family Services Statute Law ...The short title of this Act is Kevin and Jared’s Law (Child and Family Services Statute Law Amendment), 2006.

The following material from Toronto Sun answers your question:

Trouble is, it was never proclaimed -- not by the Tories and not by the Liberals since they came to power, even though it was the brainchild of one of their own. Amazingly, some youth outreach groups oppose the law as too "draconian" -- because, hey, why shouldn't a 14-year-old have the right to sell her body for cash?

So, Queen's Park has a bit of a sorry record when it comes to following through on private member's bills designed to help children. Supporters of Kevin and Jared's Law are aware of this and are urging everyone to keep pushing their MPPs until they set a date for royal assent and proclamation of Bill 89.

Good plan. But while we're at it, let's push them to do the same for Bill 86. Both are about protecting kids from abuse. Neither one does any good if it just sits on a shelf.

• ?

easily bloody ridiculous. Terrorists were dealt with better ideal than this couple! there's no longer something incorrect with slapping a baby on the butt - exceedingly if he's effing and blinding at his mom. i might want to have belted him one only for calling her a cow. actual the police officials might want to SEE that the wee ******* hadn't been starved and that i'm constructive a actual exam might want to have shown that he hadn't been abused. The older boy must have had better experience and in a fashion, i'm truly satisfied he's getting/were given his comeuppance. the in straight forward words ingredient is this relations has been ripped aside cos 2 little spoiled feckers couldn't get what they needed and their wee sister is suffering because of it. that is about intense time some education guide-lines were put in position to end this style of ingredient cos it really is a complete waste of everybodys time. i in my opinion imagine that if better mom and father skelped their childrens on the butt (no longer around the pinnacle/face) at the same time as they prefer it, there'd be a lot less neds/chavs round. EDIT: exceedingly, all my dad had to do change into develop his voice and that change into sufficient bit if i change into truly out of order, I were given a skelp on the butt. I dread to imagine what might want to've occurred had I swore at him or my mum inspite of the actuality that! The worst ingredient they ever did change into end the belt in colleges. It change right into a deterrent better than something else.