Is there a way to use an agp video card with a pci-e motherboard? Like an adapter or something?

I have an nVidia geForce 5600 ultra that I used with my eMachines until the comp died. Now my new computer (gateway) only has a pci-e slot. Can I still use it via an adapter of some sort? I'm guessing that I'll need to buy a new card, but I thought I'd ask :)

Thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, you can not. PCe slot is for PCe Card. And AGP Slot's for AGP Card.

The interface for those two're different.

So, I suggest you to buy another PCe Card because your motherboard only has PCe Slot. don't think about using AGP.

PCe's much better/faster than AGP. It's fully support with Direct X 9. not like AGP.

Fell Free to contact me ^_^

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, indeed there is! To keep your PC safe from crashing due to your video card, you must have an updated video graphics chip driver that is compatible with your current motherboard. You say

you have an nVidia geForce 5600 Ultra, so you can download free drivers from this manufacturer's home web page. I'm not so sure about the exact link, though. You just need the right driver.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, that is like trying to mate an elephant with a rhino.

Things just don't fit.

There is no adapter.

Get a PCI-e card, they are faster then AGP, that is why there is no more AGP on most new machines.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is a PCI-e to AGP adapter made my Albatron Technology called ATOP. I have only read of this adapter and have not seen or used one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dont think so homey

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.