During the holidays, when everyone asks for donations, do you give generously or ignore their requests?

Best Answer

I give as much as possible. But, I also give throughout the year. One year, my children asked that half of what I would normally spend on them for Christmas, instead be given to a charity of their choice. Now, remember these are kids that are asking for this! This made me realize how wonderful and thoughtful my children are and how proud of them I am! I guess I did bring them up right after all! I wish I could do more for people, but I have limited funds, because I am a single parent and also have become 100% disabled this year due to an auto accident. Things and money are a little scarce this year! But, I still find some money to donate. There are people out there who need it more than we do. At least we have a roof over our heads and food and clothing. That's more than a lot of people have! Merry Christmas to everyone and may you have peace, love and joy in your hearts!

• Jenn

i put a buck or two in the salvation army kettle when i go by one. i also sponsor a family who is less fortunate. this time of year you realize how lucky you are to have a job and a house and food to eat.

Depends on the asker, but typically I give what I can! 'Tis the season, right? Besides, God has blessed my family, so I need to 'pay it forward' when I can.

i would give but i just dont have a job so i dont have any money to give lol

Source(s): only 15

can't give any more as I am strapped for cash myself.

i will give..