Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Checking math problems...did i do them right? ANswer what you can or a link that can check math if any...?
if i did it wrong, can you say what i did wrong please...?
1.In the middle school, there are 60 students in 7th grade. 25 take art. 18 take music, 9 take neither. How many take both?
-add all up, subtract from 60?
-8 people take both
2.A survey showed that a man spent 141,288 hours sleeping, 85,725 working, 81,681 watching TV, 9,945 traveling, 1,662 in a bar, and 363,447 on other tasks. What percent of his life was spent sleeping (round to nearest 10th)
-add all up
-divide sleeping hours by total
-multiply by 100, round
3. A person goes to a diner that has 5 appetizers, 3 soups, 7 entrees, 6 vegetables, and 4 desserts. How many different meals can be made with a soup or appetizer, 1 entree, 1 vegetable, and 1 dessert?
-there are way too many steps to explain here, but i got 1344 in the end.
4.lines AB and CD intersect @ point E. the measurement of angle AEC is 5x-20 and measurement of angle BED is x+50, find measurement of angle of CEB.
-I factored for x with 5x-20 and got x=4
-x+50…plug in 4, get 54
-measurement of angle BED=54 degrees, so angle AEC also equals 54degrees (drew it)
-to find CEB, subtract 54 from 180, get 126 (straight line=180degrees)
-126degrees=measurement of angle CEB
- geo1944Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Concur, assuming that when the problem states the students take art, or take music, that they are not taking both, but only art or only music.
2. Concur with method -- did not check math, but roughly it looks OK
3. Concur -- I assume you added the soup and appetiser, and then multiplied all.
4. Disagree. As you state, AEC = BED. .
Therefore 5x - 20 = x + 50.
So 4x - 20 = 50, 4x = 70, and x = 17.5.
Plugging in this amount, AEC and BED are 67.5 degrees.
Subtracting this from 180 = 112.5 degrees.
- 1 decade ago
1. Not sure how you got 8 (what is "all" in your "add all up"?). There are 60-9 = 51 students taking either art or music. But 25+18=43 is less than 51. So either there's a typo or it's a not a legitimate question.
2. Didn't check your math but your method is correct.
3. (5+3)*7*6*4 = 1344
4. 5x-20=x+50 <=> 4x=70 <=> x = 70/4 = 17.5
so angle of AEC is 67.5 and angle of CEB is 180-67.5 = 112.5
Don't have a calculator at hand... so check my math. :)