How much money will I get back after filing my taxes?

If my gross income was $36200

I paid $5147 for federal

and $1725 for state taxes, in the state of Arkansas.

I am single, have no kids, no mortgage..etc.

I appreciate everyones answer. Thanks.

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The exemption and standard deduction for singles total about $8k. Subtract that from 36k and 28k is taxable. The tax is about $3,800. So that would mean you would get about a $1,300 refund.

  • 1 decade ago

    Make sure that you get to keep EVERY CENT of your refund by staying far away from H & R Block or one of those other commercial places. The IRS has a program called VITA that does free tax preparation for households earning $40,000 or less. They can make sure that you get all your eligible credits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, the Dependent Care Credit, etc.

    This is an absolutely FREE service. They can e-file and do direct deposit so that you can get your return back in 7-10 days. There is no need to get a refund anticipation loan, which is really nothing more than a high interest loan where you would be paying to borrow your own money. You have worked hard for your money and you should be able to keep it! To find a VITA free tax site near you, call the IRS at: 1-800-829-1040.

    I work with the VITA sites in Nashville and know that it can make a huge difference for working families.

  • 1 decade ago

    I do not know how to directly answer your question. However, I have been using TurboTax for many years. It shows you exactly how much you will have to pay or will receive back as you enter your data. It's very nice; I've been using it since I was a teenager. I now buy it from Amazon sometime in December so I can figure out my taxes before the end of the year.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The other answers are correct, about $1300 from Fed., but don't forget to file for the telephone credit of $30.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


    Source(s): ACCOUNTANT
  • 1 decade ago

    go to and check the tables.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.