The Time Traveler's Wife: Abridged or unabridged, which is better?

I love audiobooks, and I have a credit to spend on Audible.com. I'm looking at The Time Traveler's Wife for my next book...but they have two versions, abridged and unabridged. The unabridged is a whopping 5 hours longer!

However, one complaint I've heard with the story is that it gets a bit boring with details. So I don't know whether to get the longer one, risking not liking it for boredom, or to get the abridged and possibly miss out and a better version.

Has anyone listened/read either or both, and which would you recommend?

Also, can you recommend any other good Audiobooks?

Favorite Answer

I always prefer unabridged. If they cut out five hours, then they cut out A LOT of stuff.

But how much is it compared to how much your credit is worth? I'm sure the abridged isn't bad.

I read the unabridged and loved it. It really held my attention. In a well-written book, I enjoy the details. Maybe that wouldn't be the case with an audiobook. Listening is different from reading.

Unabridged is always better. You miss out on a lot when you only get the abridged version.

• Sterz

I've read the unabridged book and found it fascinating. I've no experience with audiobooks, though.

abriged! the unabriged goes into too much details on certain things and it can get tiring