?

Let me get this straight about gay marriage (pardon the pun) -- ?

Gays are free to marry -- so long as they marry someone of the opposite sex. That is, they can marry someone they don't love. But they are not free to marry someone they do love. How is that fair?

@ mara_bear: And judging from the divorce statistics, apparently a lot of people do exactly that.

LOL @ Odalism and BULLSEYE to bettierage!

@Deshi, I strongly suspect you're nuts.

@factorywrench: If it were possible to tell "real" love from the other kind, then there would be fewer marriages to begin with, and no divorces at all.

Favorite Answer

Because two gay dudes marryiing in San Francisco threatens the marriage of a couple in Wyoming. How can you not see that? <sarcasm intended>

• Dawn G

It's not fair at all. I'm still trying to figure out how allowing two consenting adults to have a legally binding commitment to each other could ever a bad thing. I have several gay and lesbian couples among my friends who have been together more then twenty years.

Because marriage by its very own definition is a union between a man and a woman. So they will need to invent a term for what you are referring to. I wonder why no one has thought of it before. If they can invent a word like Brangelina why not a word for the union of two men?

• It's not. They're being singled out based on biology.

Something happens in the woumb (the theories change constantly) which is the reason homosexuals exist.

It's unfair and unconstitutional to ban gay marriage. Whatever they do in their bedrooms is their business.

Marriage should not be about gender, it is about love and commitment.

Lets see how many idiots compare marriage between two consenting adults to polygamy, bestiality, pedophilia, or kleptomania.

Well, they are grasping at straws so why not kleptomania as well. Makes as much sense as polygamy!

it's not fair. i don't care who you marry, who my friends marry, or who anyone marries as long as they are in love and treat each other well. we humans love to discriminate, first it was women and minorities, now it's homosexuals. it annoys me to no end, i can't imagine what it must be like for gay people.

The pun is fun.

In civilized modern countries gays can marry same sex partners if they want.

• poodle

it isn't fair at all, if they wanna marry they should be able to. it's not about religious claptrap it's about the bond between two people that love each other, so let em marry

Gay people can legally marry each other in my state.

Because people can't get the religious aspect out of their mind and think of it as a legal contract.

Funny, though... we allow atheists to get married.