Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Are Canadians alot like United States citizens?

I mean, are our shows here in the U.s (Hannah Montana, Suite Life, Luguna Beach) really popular too? And since Life With Derek is filmed in Canada, is it popular there even though it's not here? And is the cast of Degrassi really popular? (I luv that show!) I know I sound really funny, I've just always wanted to know.

Favorite Answer

I live in Canada, and we get the same tv channels. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, CNN ... all that stuff. Shows that are popular in the US are popular here too. Like Lost, Deal or no Deal, Desperate Housewives and so on. Our sports channel here is called TSN, which is owned by ESPN. It even has the same type of logo. Even check out the site: http://www.tsn.ca/

Also the tv show Degrassi is actually a Canadian tv show. We have a Canadian tv network called CTV, and they are the producer of the show. It's based on a street in Toronto (a big city here) called De Grassi St, and there is actually a high school there, but it's a poor part of the city, and lots of crime around there.

Canada is just like the US. We get the same channels, we have the same stores, drive the same type of cars, same companies (we even have a Bank of America building in Toronto). I live like 40 minutes from the border at Buffalo, NY and it's just like on big area, lot's of people travel back and fourth all the time.

Oh and as for the french part of Canada in Quebec, they are completely different. They have their own tv channels and news channels and stuff. It's like another country, so I don't even know much about it lol.

- Hope this helps.

Were a lot like Americans except we don't have president instead annually our humble nomadic farming tribe selects a priest/king based upon who wheres the most elaborate hat during our countries most important holiday Connors day celebrating the birth of our patron saint Stompin Tom.Following selection the Priest/King known as the Tom enjoys the best the country has to offer Sampling our scented meats and getting to know the countries many prostitutes but this treatment only lasts until next years Connors day ceremony where the"tom" his sacrificed in a hideous chicken-related farming rite.

They are almost the same. They do like the same shows, but have other shows that are just as popular. Like I heard Degrassi is popular over there among the tweens. The only difference I have noticed is the Canadians I have met think that the U.S is a bunch of biters. Like we copy them in everything & they think they are superior, but like I said that was just a handful of them that I met. I'm sure they are just as pleasant.

Some if not most Canadian don't like to be considered like those of the U.S. They find it to be embarrassing is a sense. Maybe they seem alike in several ways (they are both North Americans).

• LORD Z

It depends on what part of Canada you are in . In some parts they prefer French to English, so Disney had better be in French in those parts.

we are a little alike, but one big difference is that most Canadians lives do not revolve around television shows and their stars.

Yes except they have hairy arms(even the women)

• ?

yes

I was told once that a Canadian was just an unarmed American with great health insurance.