I have a 1993 GMC Jimmy,It will not start.?

My 1993 GMC Jimmy will not start,I have put a new coil and distributer on ,still nothing.No spark.There is a new fuel pump so I get lots of gas.Truck turns over good,Lots of new parts.I have tryed process of elimination.Could it be the computer?

could a remote starter cause it not to start or have no spark

Best Answer

does it have a ignition control module inside the distriburator on that model? if it does, change it.

• (A)

1.Check fuse links down on the starter to see if any are burned into.Check for power at the coils by removing the two plug wires on one coil.Now crank the engine and have someone see if their is an arc to each terminal.If so OK.2.Check for leaking vacuum line at the fuel pressure regulator.Correct all cracked or leaking vacuum lines.3.Check voltage at the throttle position sensor with ignition on/engine off.Voltage should be 1 to 5 volts.If higher voltage at this point replace computor(.eg 12 volts)

Source(s): Calif. Auto Tech.
  • duster

the remote starter may be incorectly wired, killing the power to the coil packs. An anti theft unit that shuts down spark, if the wrong key is tried in the ign., may be bad

I would guess module but it would depend on motor size. I'm assuming its a 4.3 if so it could be coil too. Hope that helps!

coil pack(s) are what provide the spark. Check these out.

Source(s): GM emp 31 yrs

see if nock off vacum hose to map sencer or check fule presser for fule pump if running real rich smell gas an black smoke from exust temp switch bad for computer on in take

Instead of throwing money at it changing parts, find out what the real problem is by having it looked at.

its the modual in the distributor.take the modual out and have it tested by a parts store like murrays or auto zone

coil wire is very common!!

Source(s): gm tech