my place of business closed in june. my lastpaychecks from them bounced. do u think i will still recieve w2's

Favorite Answer

by Jan 31st you have not received your W2, call the employer and ask them if they have been sent. If by Feb 15th you have not received it, call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040 and file a W2 complaint. They wil take a report and send you a form that you can use as a subsitute, you will need your last paycheck stub when you call, along with the name, address and phone# of the employer and what dates you worked for them

Source(s): Internal Revenue Service
  • Judy

You might, but I sure wouldn't count on it under the circumstances. Call the IRS and ask them how to file. You shouldn't have to pay taxes on the money in the bounced check either, since you never got it.

Call the IRS and asked them. I couldn't tell you. It sounds like they just closed the doors and scrammed.