What is the meaning of ACER.SCR has encountered a problem and needs to close?

Very often the following message pops up on my computer.

" ACER.SCR has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem"

I have, on many occasions sent the error report to Microsoft but I have had no response so far. It seems to be a nusence as this message pops up very often while I work on something. I need to know how to fix this problem

Favorite Answer

ACER.SCR is the built-in acer screensaver file that came with your computer. That probably means that the file itself is corrupt or causing some sort of corruption to occur after it runs for a while, if it runs at all. To avoid seeing this error, go to Control Panel, Display, and then to the sereensaver tab and change the selected screensaver to one of the others available in the list.

The reason you get no feedback from Microsoft is that when you've sent your error reports, they have no responsibility for the error caused by someone else's software that's installed in your computer. If it had been a driver-related issue or something specifically attributable to either Widows or some other product that Microsfot has made and that is installed on your computer, then you would have gotten a follow-up message with a clickable link that would give you potentially vaulable information on what caused the problem and possibly how to fix it.

If you want to avoid ever getting the error message for the ACER screensaver again, then, after changing to a different screensaver as I described ablove, do a search for the acer.scr file and delete it from your hard drive.

Getting a new copy of the acer.scr file would be more trouble than it's worth.

Source(s): I've been an independent computer consultant for 20 years.