Could anyone explain these words in plain English?

"...Thou hast seen fit to place thy St. Gregory Hotel in alien hands...No doubt thou hast thine own inscrutable purpose, even if experienced mortals like thy servant can perceive no reason..."

---Quoted from Arthur Haily's "Hotel"

• Suki
    Favorite Answer

"You have decided to place St. Gregory Hotel in alien hands...no doubt you have your own not easily understood purpose, even if experienced mortals like your servant can perceive no reason..."

The hotel St Gregory must have been run or owned by a God fearing person, and subsequently taken over by someone who differs widely from the initial management. The person who is praying does not understand God's purpose in allowing this to happen, and thinks it is a bad thing in his/her experience, but supposes that God may have had a purpose which goes beyond human understanding.

"You have considered a proper course of action to let someone else take over this hotel. It is probable that you may have an unfathomable justification, which even an experienced person such as myself cannot comprehend, but I am only human..."

"...You have chosen to give your St. Gregory Hotel to somebody else ...You must have your own private purpose, even an experienced mortal like myself can't understand why..."

"You have decided to give the St Gregory Hotel to someone else......no doubt you have your own private reasons, even if people with experience, like me, can see no obvious reason why....

The writer,in the form of a prayer,has concerns about how the hotel is now (owned?/run?) by people that S(he) finds strange..