Chris
Chris asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Which is the much popular team in the NHL?

CHENA

Favorite Answer

the most popular team in the NHL would have to be the Montreal Canadiens the oldest team in the NHL even older then the NHL its self. but you can't go wrong with any of the Original six teams that for sure. you even look how bad the Blackhawks have been playing for years but trust me they do have lots of fans around and just not showing there faces cause of bad team owners over the years. the Blackhawks fans are just giving a message to the owner but once they start winning again trust me the fans will be back. AND I'M A HUGE HABS FAN, I DON'T EVEN LIKE THE BLACKHAWKS AND THE OTHER, I'M JUST BEING TRUTHFUL TO THIS QUESTION.

Montreal Canadiens founded in 1909

NHL founded in 1917

here's a link to the history of the best sporting team in North American sports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Canadiens

and if you not a fan of one of the Original six teams and you pick a newer team well your just being bias that all.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am a big flames fan, and just recently was in the states at a colorado game. Man the fan base doesnt amount to any one of the teams in Canada. Probably the most loved and hated team is the Toronto Maple Leafs. Hands down. But go to any game in Canada or possibly the northern statesand every fan is as crazy

Source(s): LETS GO FLAMES

Original Six teams have larger fan bases and history, but all those teams have fans that start going to games only when the team starts winning. The Wild, Sharks, Kings, and Avs have great fan bases, but as much as I hate to say it-Philadelphia is probably the most popular.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Why??? Ask anyone in Canada about TSN, CBC or Sportsnet's hockey coverage who do they talk about for 50 minutes of the 60 minute show the LEAFS. Everyone outside the GTA hates the Leafs, ask Sabre fans what happens to the HSBC Arena when the Leafs play there. Got to Pittsburgh Boston or even Montreal when the leafs are playing and you'll hear a go leafs go. Ask flyer fans who the hate almost as much as the Rangers.

Note to younger Dead wing fans (yeah that's what the called them in the 1970's and 1980's) your beloved wings played in front of half empty buildings before Steve Y. The leafs have been sold out since the beginning of Hockey time. the waiting list for season seats is over 5000. Good luck getting a seat for under $100 for any game. (except preseason of course)

Sorry folks but the centre of the Hockey universe is TORONTO. Love them or hate them they are the most popular team in the NHL.

Detroit Red Wings Member of the Original Six Teams and Winner of 10 Stanley Cup Titles given the Name Hockeytown in recent years.

That who deserve to be Popular.

I think it's the Sabres, and I'm not just saying that because I am and have been a fan for most of my life. Western New Yorkers are people who really come together for their sports teams, and the Sabres sell out practically every home game they play. I'm going to college in central New York, and I still see tons of Sabres flags, people wearing jerseys and other merchandise, and parties for game night out here.

Source(s): Let's Go Buffalo!

Probably the Red Wings...and I can't stand them. A few years back, I might've said the Avs or the Stars, but the Red Wings are consistently popular. Hockey is just a more popular sport in the north anyway.

I would say it probably is the Detroit Red Wings because they are an original 6 team and have a huge fan base.

I agree with HABITANT on this one. There is no mistaken the original 6. If you look at all the Canadian teams, they have the biggest following in the NHL. The same can not be said about the Americans.

• TDK

I've noticed the Detroit Redwings are well represented in plenty of arenas outside of Detroit.

I've also noticed many of the Original Six teams have plenty of fans outside of where they play.