Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesOther - Car Makes · 1 decade ago

do you like aftermarket mufflers on 4 cylinder cars,or 4cylinders in general?

i use to like messing around with 4 cylinder cars,but i desire v8's much more...every time im on the road and i see a civic,eclipse,or whatever is a 4cylinder and if it has that chrome muffler on it,most of the time they sound like there in 11th gear,maybe is it because ever since fast and furious came out, everybody and there brother started making 4cylinders fast by putting on gay 4 foot wings on the trunks and low retarded looking body kits on them..for whoever has a 4cyl and likes working on them like that,thats your perogitive,but i will always prefer a v8,the power is already there..thats my opinion whats your's?

Best Answer

I agree, NOTHING beats the sound and power of a V8!!! Those little 4 cylinder Hondas, or the so-called "tuner" cars make me laugh all the time.

What amazes me is that alot of times, if the time and money are put into 4 cylinder cars, they can beat 8 cylinder cars with the same amount of money. The thing with the imports is that there so much more available to them at a lower price. And there is also overall less weight in a 4 cyl. than an 8 cyl. (1:2)

What bothers me about the cars that you see on the road today is that people can put on a huge muffler and a 4 foot wing and think they're doing something tasteful to the car. Everyone that does that really has no idea what they're doing. However, there are cars on the road with JDM parts that look amazing and go as fast as they look. I think people get discouraged when they see cars like that.

One more thing bigger is not always better. You hear about 1000 HP 6cyl. Supras (street legal nonetheless) but never a 1000 HP 10 cyl. Viper or 8cyl. camaro or charger or mustang. There's just something about the little buggers that can handle so much power yet still be reliable.

My $.02

Were we all not young once? Some can only afford a small 4 cylinder car should they not have a little fun? Sounds to me like there are a whole lot of car snobs out there. Have fun with what you got and let the other guy have some too. This is America, land of the free individual or it use to be.

Yes, the 4 cyl. rice rockets are lame. Why do these little children think that coffee cans that make their cars sound like pissed off weed whackers is cool? And you're right, what is the whale tail spoiler for? It doesn't do much for down force on a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car! A V8 will always sound better. However, you can achieve much power from these little cars, but what nobody will tell you is how much money mommy and daddy spend on little Jimmy's Honda to get it to go that fast....

Yeah those fart-can mufflers are pretty funny...who are they really trying to kid actually. With all the money spent, they could have gotten a real car with a V8.

If it gets them any attention it's just negative actually. Myself, and others I know just kinda giggle and point at the thing of how utterly tacky it is...just lacks class.

I hate them with a passion!

You really don't get that much of a boost in power.

You are more likely to get a ticket from drawing all the attention to yourself.

Plus, it sounds like a loud farting noise.

MOST 4 cylinders are made for FUEL ECONOMY NOT RACING!

A buddy blew out my mustang 4 cylinder because he thought all mustangs were "born" to race.

Nothing with 4 cylinders sounds good. Period. Oh yes and to the person before me who said that Vipers never have 1000HP, have you not heard of Hennessy? Not only do they make 1000HP, but they also have tons more torque than a Supra.

Almost nothing looks stupider or in your words "gayer" than a Honda 4 door or a nasty, low end Neon with the HUGE nasty wing on the back like it's a Formula 1 car..

Couple that with the "coffee can" exhaust and they totally look like idiots.

I can't stand it, it's so stupid, loud and obnoxious. They need to get lives.

my brother has a old jeep truck with a 4cyl and a stick, it has a stright pipe, it does sound good IF ITS NOT TURNING 9000 RPM, but i prefer a v8 with a good tooned duel pipes mufflers or not

That do make good material for Vdub commercials.

Time to unpimp da-auto...