What is space made up in space?

I f I am not clear here is an example. The distance from Earth to the moon; what's in between is space. So my question is what is that space made up of.

Favorite Answer

Space is never truly a complete vacuum where there is nothing there. It is composed of a few atoms plus a lot of photons and even virtual particles. Virtual particles are particles that appear and disappear in a vacuum so fast that they have no effect on the universe. Scientist have been able to make virtual particles stay around long enough to detect by adding energy to the vacuum. So space is not a complete vacuum as most people think of it.

A very high vacuume, with less than 10^-10 particles per cubic meter, some photons, and the normal background radiation. Quite boring to be honest.

• goring

There is allways something smaller in between but we cannot conceive the small. It a lot easier to conceive galaxies than it is to conceive what makes up space.

It is more viable To day to conceive massless structures. This is something that no one attributes as a physical reality but only an imaginary one.

All I can postulate is that "for something to exist it must have volume."

Vacuum or in other words nothing. Not even air. Maybe a few particles floating around.

• Jen

There is literally nothing in between. No molecules or atoms or nothing. There might be a few dust particles, but that's it. Freaky huh?

MOORE SPACE

dark matter

Source(s): me, im a genious