Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

Is the kimber Pro Carry Ten II .45 ACP(13 rds) a reliable pistol?is it better compared to kimber kpd pistol?

Favorite Answer

Kimber only makes top quality firearms. So you really need to decide if you want semi-auto (Pro Carry) or double action(KPD).

I would also try to find a Kimber Dealer that carries both guns. This way you can see which gun fits your hand the best.

You can find a dealer in your area by going to http://www.kimberamerica.com

To answer your question, the Pro Carry Ten II is a very reliable hand gun. It is light weight compaired to any 45 that Springfeild or Para puts out (in a 1911). I own one in each size. Ultra, Pro and Custom. Any of which would make a fine carry gun. The Kimber KDP only comes in 40 S&W, right now with a 9MM , coming soon. Although Kimber has some high end guns. The Ten ll 's are not one of them. The .45ACP round is the best round, bar none, to put an attacker down with one shot to the body. (Not everyone has Seal training two in the chest -one in the head) Yes, the Navy went to the Sig Saur P220. And Sig Saur makes a fine double-action gun.But the Marines went with the Kimber Warrior .45ACP 1911. The Kimber was put up against Springfeild, Colt, Para -Ordance,Smith&Wesson and Yes, even Sig Saur made a 1911 to put in test's. They were all tested under the same harsh conditions and the Kimber came out on top. So it really boils down to which type of action you want. If you can, see if you can find anyone that will let you shoot either and/or both guns. By the way I do own a Sig Saur P220. It's a nice hand gun. It cost about the same as the Pro Carry Ten II, but I still carry the Kimber. I am a Marine, 1911 pistolsmith and a factory certified Glock armorer. So good luck with what ever your choice is .

Source(s): USMC E-7

Kimber makes a fine hand gun, but it is more of a show piece. If you are buying a pistol to show off at the range a few times a year, go with Kimber. If you want a pistol that is reliable, accurate, and made to hold up under harsh conditions, go with a Sig Saur P220. There is a reason the Navy signed a contract with Sig for Navy Seal side arms. Sig is the best.....period.

If you are still hung up on the Kimber, go with the double action. On the 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance you ever have to use your pistol to defend yourself or your property, the millisecond of time the double action trigger saves you might mean the difference between living or dying.

Kimber makes reliable handungs, period. I have a Kimber Stainless II, which is pretty much their base model, and after almost 1500 rounds I have not had one malfunction, and the groupings are amazing. You're making a good decision by going with Kimber. There's also something to be said for it being built entirely in America.

I've seen some bad reports about Kimber quality and parts falling off. Try a Para-Ordnance. Double/single action hi-cap full size down to mini 1911 .45 acp types.

Yes, its extremely reliable, and of a little better quality than the kpd.