NYC Workshop March 31/07- advice please (cont'd)?

Workshop held at St Vincents Hospital located in

Grenwich , west side of NYC. Its on W-12th near 6 & 7 th . Not far from Union Square. Does that help in regards to my situation ? Is there a R/C Church affiliated with the Hospital? or a nurses residence affiliated with the Hospital ? Rates may be more reasonable if go that route ? Hope this additional info helps you NY ers out there when trying to give me info that would help my visit go smooth. Thx again. Waiting to hear more great info & ideas .

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

St Vincent's is in Greenwich Village - a great area with historic buildings and wonderful restaurants; buses and subways are right outside. There is a nurse's residence, I don't know about guests staying there. I have a friend that works at St Vincent's; I'll see if he knows or can find out. In the meantime, telephone the hospital at

212- 6-4-7000 and send them an e-mail with your questions: http://www.svcmc.org/body.cfm?id=1400

The hospital is on 12th Street and Seventh Avenue - The Chelsea Market is an easy walk, it's on Ninth Avenue between 15th and 16th Streets; it used to be the Nabisco factory - they made Oreos and Mallomars there. A lot of little shops and food places opened there. Be sure to try a Fat Witch brownie (they usually have free samples on the counter). The Lobster Place - a fish market has an excellent lobster roll - they also have very good soups that you ladle out yourself (I like a little bit of the sweet corn chowder mixed with the lobster bisque). Excellent place for gelatto in Chelsea Market, and Amy's Bakery makes great bread (they have samples, too)

Around the corner from the hospital is one of the biggest lunch bargains in New York - Sapore on Greenwich Avenue and Perry Street - $6 for soup or salad, coffee and a main dish, including good pastas - $3.00 more and you can have excellent fried calamari or grilled salmon as an entree. This is a very small cramped restaurant, but, in warm weather, there's lots of pleasant outdoor seating

Gene's Italian Restaurant on 11th Street and Sixth Avenue has an excellent prix fixe lunch and dinner with lots of choices.

Murray's Bagels on Sixth and 13th - good coffee, bagels,

fillings.

The Village Den is across the street from the hospital on Greenwich and 12th - they serve a great inexpensive breakfast.

http://www.thevillageden.com/

Near Union Square: Via Emilia on East 21st Street and Park Avenue. Appetizers are unusual and outstanding - gnocco fritto - large platter of Italian coldcuts served with delicious little fritters; tigelle (not served in too many places) hot biscuits with proscuitto and melted cheese; wonderful soups, good pastas, fish is always fresh. Some desserts are outstanding.

http://www.viaemilianyc.net/dinner.html...

In the West Village: Da Andrea on Hudson Street and West 11th Street.

Excellent pastas - I especially love their clam sauce, they, too, make tigelle, can get very crowded on weekends.

http://www.biassanot.com/

Source(s): I live in the neighborhood
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

it rather is noted as the god of the gaps. This argument has the style * there's a niche in scientific understanding. * hence, the failings in this hollow are suited defined as acts of God. it is not based in logic. it is only a assertion of pessimism with regards to the destiny progression of technology. Down interior the direction of the centuries, technology has eradicated a large lots of its gaps. people who had used the hollow argument have been embarrassed, in view that their God shrank in ability with each and every new scientific develop. as an occasion, after the artwork of Galileo and Newton, it became no longer concept that angels pushed the planets around the heavens. a extra moderen occasion is the argument via some Creationists that complicated molecules (mutually with amino acids) might desire to no longer have arisen via organic procedures on the early earth. subsequently, existence might desire to no longer have arisen via organic ability, and God might desire to have miraculously created those chemical compounds on a similar time as starting to be existence. The chemical compounds have been part of a purpose. the inspiration of this argument became a niche in scientific understanding. This foundation fell aside whilst molecules (which comprise organic and organic molecules) have been detected in interstellar area via astronomers. The argument got here extra aside whilst amino acids have been chanced on interior the Murchison meteorite. apparently the uncomplicated molecules of existence style certainly in some extremely harsh places, and there's a manner for huge parts to have arrived intact on the early earth. So, their existence has purpose basically to the quantity that the entire galaxy does.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.