Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Opinion On Canada?

Can you answer this survey about Canada (please include your current country of citizenship afterwards)

what do you think of:

1) Canada overall?

2) the fact that there is a french/english language system?

3) Canada as a whole in comparison to the U.S.

4) Canada's position in the world (not just militarly, but politically, economically etc...

5) The people who live here?

6) The gov't

7) The way Canada uses the English language

Please include any other thoughts about Canada you may have and don't forget to inlcude your nationality at the end.

• Bob D
    Favorite Answer

1.Canada overall is a great example of a country. We are known as peacekeepers and have gained a great reputation as such.

2. I believe it is great that we have 2 official languages. It is a way for a nation to recognize the 2 founding nations and ensures that whether you are a French or English Canadian, government services are available in both languages.

3. To compare Canada and the US is a doing a dis-service to both countries. Canada never had to fight for it's independence, the US did and as such, historically have had differing solutions to crisis's.

4.Canada is one of the G8 leaders but with a 10th of the population of the US, militarily, economically, and politically, do not have the clout of bigger counties(and less enemies).

5. Canada is a nation built on immigration and prides itself on it's multiculturalism, which in turn makes for such a diverse mix of people that one cannot really make general statements about the people as a whole.

6.Because we were a colony of England, we adopted the British Parliamentary system which is fine with me.

7.The way we use the English language?

Of course I am a proud Canadian.

• john p

1 Great place to be from

2 There is no french/english system. It is a matter of choice to learn the other language, the vast majority of Canadians are unilingual. All services are available in both languages, although outside of Quebec there is liitle need for french.

3 Two completely different places, culturewise lots of similarities, everything else, like guns and government, very different

4 G8

5 Great people, very friendly and diverse.

6 For first time in many years, a decent government

7 Don't understand the question, English is english, just slighly different dialects. My British cousins can't tell the difference between Canadian and American accents.

I am Canadian.

1) Beautiful country, kinda screwy government

2) Took me a while to get used to it, but overall insignificant

3) Kinda like The United States' little sister

4) Don't know much about that

5) Good people, mostly (stay out of Vancouver)

6) always easy to figure out whatever you need in British Columbia, BC Ferries, BC Hydro......

7) Canada uses the English language better than most Americans use it

I am from the United States. My hay field is part of the border, so I do get the occasional drug smuggler trying to get marijuana back to the states, but other than that, I like the place. Great place to go fishing.

My citizenship is American.

1. Pretty good.

2. Dual langauge is dumb, but then again we have no official language.

3. Weak, multicultural, vulnerable, poor freedom of religion.

4. Not too different from Europe but a better friend than they are.

5. People there are not too different from here, except they are programmed to love socialism, we do not.

6. Govt is socialist, not enough religious freedom, but a good allie.

7. I wouldnt know about their use of the english language, eh.

I'm not write you an essay, dude. But Canada is cool. Canada stormed the beaches at Normandy with us Yanks, and that right there is more than most of our "allies" ever did. Major props for your WW2 effort. Canadian hockey players may be truly the grittiest athletes in the world. But you guys gave us Celine Dion, so I do bear a slight grudge.

good people

2 languages is good for stimulating children to learn more languages later

they need to be independent from Britain they have pics of the Queen all over

I think canadians do well in the world pretty moderate

I havent met a canadian I really didnt like they are pretty good people

the govt seems responsive but should let that city have their independence they dont want to work for Britain and I understand that

I think they speak good english the about = a boot is hard to imagine but otherwise excellent

Listen to the song "Canadian Idiot" by Weird Al Yankovic. It states all of you questions.

not very good

gw