This is for atheists, why dont you guys believe in god seeing that science actually proves gods existence?

let me quote a verse from Quran, the holy book of Muslims which was sent 1400 years ago and you tell me if science agrees with it or not?

"Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that we exploded into existence? and from water we made all living things. would they believe? {Quran 21:30}. this is just one of the many miracles of the Quran.

• Dave P
    Favorite Answer

But it's wrong.

The heavens and the Earth were never one solid mass. If you are talking about the big bang, solid matter did not exist at the beginning. As for all living things being made from water, carbon, not oxygen or hydrogen, is the defining element in organic chemistry.

The miracle is that anyone believes the descriptions in a book written 1400 years ago represent proper descriptions of recent scientific discoveries. In reality, this is just a rehash of the Genesis creation nonsense.

• nmp948

The Bible, Torah and the Q'uran all base their story of creation on one book and one book only. All these religious books are derived from the book of creation written by the Sumerians.

That is scientific fact, not fiction verifiable.

All three books are 4000 to 5000 years younger than the book of creation as told to the Sumerians in great detail.

Your Q'uran and all so called books of Gods words are misleading and have been misinterpreted and the majority of Imans are illiterate who teach "Gods" words in the Middle East. The teach from memory. That is also a proven fact.

Further more, if people truly understood what their purpose here in this life is really about, we would not kill in the name of religion for any cause.

I know who created us, I understand why and there are a great many people who are going to be very disappointed in the near future as their faith will be turned upside down when they realize all they have been taught is manipulation.

before you get all crazy on me, read the book and if you truly can understand what you are reading, then everything will make perfect sense to you.

There is just to much evidence to ignore.

Peace

• Candy

I thought science has only proven that the human race and all other things on the Earth were connected by some form of energy source. I have never heard anything about them proving that god exists.

I'm waiting for you to show evidence that science "proves" gods existence. If it did, there would be no atheists. Hell, we don't even need "proof" (Since science never proves anything. It doesn't work that way). Most of us would settle for the slightest shred of evidence.

Quoting from your holy book, whose only claim to credibility is itself, is not good enough. The book is a book of fairy tales. It doesn't prove anything. You're going to have to try a little harder to make an intelligent argument next time.

• elzey

No, through fact all and sundry technological know-how or religionist can prepare to be "god" could be an extremely constrained god, a actual being, a creature in the universe, and not the writer of the universe. How might technological know-how or a theologian or a preacher prepare that that god replaced into the god of the bible (what if that god rejects the god of your bible?)? a perfect god, a god that supposedly loves us unconditionally would not want nor want our worship or our perception.

Allah was correct "basically" there but there are trainwrecks elsewhere as far as good science goes. Certainly if this were the word of god it would be flawless. The Quran, Torah, and Christian Bible all fail. They are originated from the same flawed myths borrowed from earlier myths.

if quoting the koran is your idea of proof of the existence of god because the quote is vaguely reminiscent of the big-bang theory, you are seriously mistaken as to what constitutes evidence either for science or god...try a book on darwin and get your head out of that crap your reading!

Quran quotes are not proof of anything. Take philosophy classes next time.

Interesting.

But point in fact, atheists and unbelievers are typically the ones who HAVE known this.

Most theists still reject the idea.

However, a vague quote is not proof of anything.

That has nothing to do with God. Look you people don't want me on you. I give these Christians a bad enough time. You better just leave us Atheists alone while we are not bothering you.