moe h
moe h asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

did poland really buy 500 septic tanks to invade germany?

• Monc
    Favorite Answer

sounds like a polack joke. As a person of polish descent, I'd like to thank you for thinking that the nation that produced copernicus is capable of not knowing a tank from a septic tank.

Yes, every time I invade a country I buy as many septic tanks as I can get my hands on.

I don't know if this is a recent thing but..at the start of WWII Germany used that as the excuse for invading Poland/protecting Germany. It's fair to say that Poland had few tanks at the start of 1939, as could be evidenced by their last defeat as Polands cavalry, with horses, tried to attack an armoured assault on their country (needless to say, it failed)

The Polish, using horses and outdated equipment put up one hell of a fight against the German Blitzkrieg, holding up the German invasion timetable by over a month. It could be argued that they did a better job against the Germans than almost anyone else in the early days of the European theater of WWII. So your tired polish joke about septic tanks doesn't even hold water, so to speak.